Satoshi the Little Bugger

Oh yeah--another Shimada in da house!!! I wonder how Hanzo will feel. XD

Find out in this chapter, loves! ;)

Months flew by like a snap in the Shimada estates. With winter's heavy snow melting away and the radiant spring beginning to boast her colorful flowers and sunshine, people once more looked forward at the prospect of discarding the layers of dark, heavy coats for the lighter, much brighter and floral yukata.

Aside from the change of wear, spring also paved the way for the rise of many festivals, all of which the people of Hanamura were eager to go to, and if there was one festival that would snatch the crown away from the hands of its competitors, it was the annual Hanamura flower fair that was to be held on every third week of the season.

Just the simple thought of the occasion brought smiles to the faces of the people, and understandably so considering all of the fun and excitement that awaited. The children, who prove to be the most excited patrons, look forward to the variety of games and the wonderful prices they'll win. Not to mention stand after stand selling sweet treats and traditional Japanese streetfood for them to munch on. The teenagers think it would be the perfect opportunity to escape the responsibilities in the household and mingle with their peers. As for the women, they wanted nothing more than to flaunt their decorated faces under the shade of their brightly colored parasols that most of the time matched their kimono and yukata. They reminded people of those icon porcelain dolls that decorated almost every home in Japan.

But what did this occasion mean for you, a servant girl working for the most powerful family in Hanamura?

Well, you certainly wouldn't be wearing a kimono or any make-up for that matter.

Instead, you slipped your arms through the baggy sleeves of your indigo happi before proceeding to tighten the waist with a thin rope for a belt. Next, you got into your matching pants and black flats along with a pair of white tabi that protected your feet like thin socks.

You combed your hair neat, tightening it into a firm, high bun that sat at the back of your head. To complete your presentation, you laced a thick black-speckled white band along the the outset of your hairframe and smoothed any persistent cowlicks that stained the uniformed tidiness of your appearance.

"(Y/N)-chan, are you ready? The family is ready to go." someone called from the doorway as they slid the screen to the now isolated servants' quarters.

Whipping your head over your shoulder, you straightened yourself one last time and faced the woman waiting by the entrance. "Yes, Nakagawa-san. We may go."

"Good. We'll need all the help we can get especially now that Shimada-sama has invited some guests over to tour with him out in the village."

"Really?" You weren't updated. "Who?"

"The family of Lord Sojiro's brother is coming over. The young masters' cousins are coming for the fair as well."

"You mean...Tadase and his brother, Satoshi?'"

"Yes. That's them." Shuri nodded, clasping her hands below her obi as the two of you made your way out to the massive porch.

Arriving there, six sleek black cars waited like sentinels with little flags bearing the Shimada crest that flopped in the rear end. It made you laugh, really, the kinship you suddenly felt like a string with the daunting vehicles. Like the car, you were also made to carry the proud family symbol during public affairs as an act of ownership, only yours was a contrasting white at the back of the indigo garment. When you first wore the happi, you were told that it was specifically made "for the likes of you."; that if emperors had the sokutai, and empresses had the junihitoe, then servants had the happi to look forward to and call their very own.