Forget Him

Doop Doop hi :3

So how's it going? Hope y'all are ready for today's chapter.

Pazaa!!!

"A criminal to the country and a backstabbing murderer to his own brother." Your uncle shook his head as his one hand patted the air behind him in an attempt to search for seating. "His ancestors should dismiss him as one of their own with his grave abominations--and to think that I once thought highly of him as though he were one who could never do any wrong!"

He slumped on the cushions of his seat and he pinched the bridge of his nose. The emperor shook his head, scowling at the floor with a trembling sigh as though it were your estranged lover himself. "...and to think that I was going to propose a union between the two of you--to let you marry him. What if this never happened? What if we never saw through his act? Would you have been the victim of this crime instead of his brother? Would he have bludgeoned you to death the moment you two are alone to yourselves?"

"Uncle..." You didn't know how it was possible to still have tears to shed, but there they were--hot beads of raw melancholy falling onto the hands folded on your lap. "I...he never tried to hurt me..."

You had no idea of what you were even suggesting to the emperor or what you were hoping to achieve by putting out this little act of defiance. Whatever your motives could be, your uncle failed to see any silver lining finding out about Hanzo and he turned his head to look you square in the eye.

"Well it didn't mean that he wasn't going to try!" The sleeves of the emperor's robes jerked haphazardly with the erratic flailing of his arms, an act all done for the emphasis of his distress. "If that criminal group managed to hide under the guise of a family for centuries, it is of no surprise that a descendant if theirs could feign emotion so expertly--it must have been as normal as breathing to them!"

You berated yourself for treading on the thought of telling your uncle about all the wonderful acts of kindness Hanzo has done in the past before he even became leader, not only for you but for the benefit of those living under the name of the clan; you bit your lip, holding back the impulse of telling your uncle that if it weren't for Hanzo, you would have lost your virtue long ago to some entitled noble who could mess up their clan even worse than Genji ever could the Shimadas.
It baffled you that the innermost consciousness of your being still fought to place Hanzo in a pedestal and shine him under the good light--it baffled you so much so that it was only much later when you realized that your tears have stopped their coursing, leaving behind only the dried up trails of your unbearable sorrow in their wake.

Your uncle still struggled getting himself back under composure and subdued himself down with a simple breathing exercise that had the red of his face simmering down back to its normal hue. Motionless on where he sat, he had one pale hand still loosely covering his resting eyes and wrinkled brow all the while he would mutter something incomprehensible from where you sat across him with thin lips chapping from the cold.

However your body might beg you for sleep or any sort of retirement from this entire quandary, your mind still had miles to race and it showed no interest in halting anytime soon.

It needed answers.

"Uncle..."

The man showed movement at last, and he regarded you with a warmer stare.

"Why...why did you proffer me to Hanzo for marriage so readily?" you inquired, fiddling with the smooth surface of your fingernails. "You barely met him enough times to know him as much as I do and yet you trusted him wholeheartedly with my safety and my future. Why?"