Realizing Power

Hey there y'all! So unfortunately Sojiro is dead and Hanzo becomes leader of the clan. How about that? :0

Anyhow, enjoy the chapter and don't forget to click on the little star to vote. Thanks so much, loves! :*

Sorry if it's too long!

Ok, lego!

"Lord Hanzo, you have a meeting today with overseas partners, right?"

"Lord Hanzo, we need you to sign right here."

"Lord Hanzo, there was a problem with the ship that would supposedly bring our weapons to the States. The lower compartments caught fire but there were no further reports concerning the hidden arms."

"Lord Hanzo, that other clan asks for their perquisite."

"Lord Hanzo, should we add another wall of defense to our database? It is of importance to keep the hackers out."

"Lord Hanzo, are we ready to initiate another deal with the Hanazawa clan?"

"Lord Hanzo, the upgrades needed to be done on our surveillance cameras have been delayed again."

"Lord Hanzo, how do you suppose we should go about with the proposal sent to us by that cellphone company?"

"Lord Hanzo, here are the sales reports you requested."

"Lord Hanzo, Ayato broke two ovens."

To say that the unrelenting volley of various concerns here and there was overwhelming was an understatement to say the least. Every new notice was a chisel that pounded its sharp end upon Hanzo's temples, and though he wired himself to expect this even in his younger years, being set upon the real deal made him wish he could go back to his much simpler trainee days, the time when his hardest chore was simply to participate in the dealings his father and the elders made with their many associates.

The clan leader couldn't help slumping forward on his huge desk as the weight of the entire clan forced itself upon his shoulders, further wounding his already listless spirit in more ways than one. Aside from the physical necessities he had obviously cast aside in order to make room for his demanding duties, the mental aspect of him seemed to be faring just as bad, if the long hours on his desk and the consecutive ringing of the many phones were of any indication.

There were days when you couldn't even step foot in his office because of his hectic schedule, and it saddened you to realize that the whole situation resembled the time he headed out to the States to meet with some business partners. You remembered the longing nights, the nostalgia whenever you'd pass by his room.

And to your dismay, you felt that emptiness creeping in despite the fact that he was only a few flights away from your arm's reach.

Right then, you were in the process of bringing him a cup of hot tea. You figured it was the least you could do to lift him up from the sudden pit that was his obligations. You figured maybe if you saw his smile, the way his eyes shone the way they used to, all this lack of intimacy would feel more bearable. It would give you reason to go on with this bleak, wearisome routine; waiting for the day when your lover shall finally win over this quandary brought upon by Sojiro's death.

"Lord Hanzo," you called softly as you pressed your fingers into a little nook on a shoji screen's handle and pushed to the side. "I brought you tea. You've kept yourself here for how many hours now. You know, dinner will start soon."

"I have a lot to do," he replied, eyes still locked onto the glow of the computer screen despite your presence. "I think I'll skip dinner tonight."