A Promise Breathes

Hey guys, how are y'all doin'? Guess who just turned 18?

(Guess who's old enough to go to prison if they fuck up?)

I would like to say that this book may be the longest book I'll ever write. It will have more than 40 chapters, so I would like to apologize in advance for the Hanzo overdose I'll dump on y'all. Maybe at the end, you'll be vomiting blue dragons :3

Anyhow, enjoy this chapter y'all. Don't forget to vote and comment, loves!  :*

Warning: (about 3000 words :3)

"What did you want to talk about, Lord Hanzo?" you inquired, seeing the clan leader put the phone back inside his loose gray garment.

With a quick glance to the side, Hanzo licked his lips before finally finding the courage to face you and answer your question. You were expectant, eyes wide and mouth slightly apart to be ready to answer to anything he'd say.

"(Y/N), um..." your lover paused in his tracks, distancing a bit. He darted his amber orbs to the side again, and your eyes squinted with a nagging concern.

"Hanzo, what is it?"

You tried your best to keep your voice at a cautious tone; never in a million years did you ever want to set a rift off between the two of you, and judging from the sound of his voice, the hesitance in his actions, you figured whatever he struggled to say was something of towering importance, something open to debate.

"(Y/N)," he began again, but this time, the hands of anxiety that seemed to grip him let loose of their hold, and he let off a sigh. Steely eyes then bore into your own. "I'm going to America and I won't be back for a month."

"What?" you exclaimed, and you jolted off your mattress. "W-Why?"

"Um..." Hanzo looked up to the recessed lit ceiling before answering, "Um...I and Uncle Shintaro will be meeting with various potential partners for the business. There's a lot of them, so we really do need a month's time to do all that we need to do."

"When are you leaving?" you asked, a wave of sadness calming you down. Though the shock hasn't completely left your system yet, you figured it would be better to just accept things the way they were then and soon, instead of basking in that bitter sense of disbelief that will only sadden you for the entirety of the day.

"In two days. Uncle will book the flight soon and first thing that morning, we will leave."

There was silence between the two of you, settling down in your guts until you couldn't take the quiet much longer. You let your head fall forward, tousled hair falling into your sides to frame the dismal countenance on your face.

"I'll miss you," you muttered, caressing his coarse knuckles with a weak thumb. You just thoughtlessly blurted the words out; you had to say something, anything, to break the silence, and so you gave in to the impulse.

But though it was thoughtless, your words were nothing but an essence of truth. You were going to miss him, and you have started preparing your soul for those long, lonely days when he wouldn't be there to hold you, to comfort you, to talk to you.

"I'll miss you too," Hanzo said, cupping your face and gently running his fingers down the pallor of your cheek. "But things will get better once I return. I promise."

You smiled and kissed the heel of his palm with a small smile. "When I see you return through the gates of this palace, that alone can give me all the joy in the world. I'll be patient, I'll eagerly await your return, Lord Hanzo."