Plea

Hey guys! Please enjoy this chapter and don't forget to click on the star and leave a comment.

Ok, let's go! :*

Steam rose up from the cup of green tea sitting in the center of a sleek black table where you sat in front of at the moment. On the other side of the furniture, Sojiro sat on his heels and eyed the ascending wispy white to mimic your actions, only to skate his gaze back at you with a nonchalant expression and a little scrutinizing squint of the eyes.

"(Y/N)." His voice rolled of his tongue with the smoothness of velvet, and yet it had the rasp of steel wool, sending shivers down the length of your spine and goosebumps all over your arms. Good thing they were covered!

"Yes, Shimada-sama?"

"So let me get myself clear: You are asking that I go back on the decision I made in front of my business associates because...'Hanzo doesn't deserve it'?"

"Well," you began, "yes. Yes, Shimada-sama. That is exactly it."

Sojiro kept his tired eyes on you as he drank the rest of his green tea. After setting the porcelain back on its saucer, he gave a sigh and clasped his hands together into an overlapping mesh. He was clearly enjoying the luxury of time.

And the timely availability of the dramatic atmosphere.

"Tell me, (Y/N). Did Hanzo send you here in his own stead?"

You heard the hint of mistrust in the clan master's words, and you tightened your fists beneath the table in hopes of keeping your voice as well as your composure from breaking apart under his cold, unforgiving gaze.

"N-No, Shimada-sama. I went here on my own accord," you sighed, head bowed low. "Lord Hanzo would never ask me to do such a thing. I just really wanted to clear his name and maybe change your mind about the punishment you've sentenced him to.

"Han- I mean, Lord Hanzo would never hurt someone for the sake of hurting them. He makes decisions backed with logic and certainty, and he never acts without his virtues and principles. Your son was just defending me from Kujiro, and it probably was untimely when you and the delegates went out. But I swear--he just did what he thought was right."

Sojiro listened until the end of your little account and unclasped his frail fingers, stroking his short grey beard as he looked up to the recessed ceilings and contemplated.

"Still. His actions tarnished the professional reputation of the clan. He let his emotions get the better of him and I'm not even sure Akira will be confident in coming tomorrow."

"He regrets blowing up like that, Shimada-sama, but Lord Hanzo...he's been training his whole life just to make you proud. I'm sure he has given you a lot of reasons to believe that he'll be a great leader one day. It would be a shame if one innocent mistake will strip him of that chance."

"And you are suddenly qualified to tell me who is and who isn't deserving?" the clan master challenged, a fierce spark bringing his dull orbs back to their prime. It reminded you of the raw emotion you'd always see in Hanzo's eyes, and you were more than determined to pull through with your agenda.

"No, Shimada-sama, your judgement for the welfare of this empire surpasses mine in all ways, but I know deep down that no one is more deserving to lead your people than your son, Lord Hanzo."

Sojiro regarded you once more with a lifted bushy brow and held his chin. "You speak as though you know my son inside and out."

"We were childhood friends, Shimada-sama," you replied, "and you know as much as I do that Hanzo is a great leader--and he more than earned that spot in the meeting. Please...I can't bear knowing that everything he has worked hard for will end in vain because of one misunderstanding."