Back Home but Back Alone

It was a miracle that you decided not to scrutinize Hanzo for insisting that he honor the death of the brother he murdered.

Or perhaps you were only showing the utmost decency and respect, even though he had no right being treated with such especially when it came to this delicate matter.

Either way, whatever the thoughts that ran in your head as you sat down and talked about it, what was important to Hanzo then was that he got to spend these last few hours with you in the cold darkness of early dawn, lying on top of the soft bunk bed, and needing no exchange aside from the sound of your contented, rhythmic breathing. These few quiet hours are the ones that he will cherish dearly before he has to part with you once more and leave with Jesse's group for Hanamura.

The Shimada smiled softly, running the coarse back of his fingers against your smooth cheek, half lidded eyes that once bore witness to bloodshed and iniquity instead appreciating the way your parted lips drew in the chilly air. Your hair splayed out beneath you like an explosion of paint and cascaded down Hanzo's tattooed arm in rivulets, which you have taken the liberty of using as your pillow for that night. The man felt the blood being cut off from his decorated limb a few hours into your sleeping but he did not mind at all; he will do anything to ensure your comfort, and knowing you, you would undoubtedly do the same for him.

In this tranquility, he reminisced on the last conversation you had shared within that day as he laid back down and pressed his shoulder against the blue wall behind him.

"Beloved?" you called for him in the dim light, getting ready for bed as you combed your long hair back.

"What is it, (Y/N)?" he responded ever so quickly, never pausing from his chore of getting the lower bunk bed ready for use. He fluffed the pillows, spread out the blankets, and straightened the sheet that covered the mattress. It was nice keeping things in order.

You figured you should go ahead with what you were saying, for prolonging it even later may imply an unnecessary heaviness to it that may make it things more awkward for the both of you. "I know this may not be a proper topic to discuss, especially considering the tight situation we are put in right now...but I just really want to know if you were serious back then, about you wanting to have children with me."

This got Hanzo stopping from his flawless flow of work, and he turned to you with wide eyes. "A-Are you...?" He gestured to your stomach with his eyes, and you let out a cry of disbelief.

"What? NO!" you exclaimed louder than you meant. "Hanzo, of course not we haven't even remotely touched each other in that way; we haven't even seen each other naked!"

"Right! Of course." Hanzo huffed, face burning with embarrassment as it dawned on him that he just thoughtlessly mixed his perceptions into one, that he mistook the erotic dreams he has been having about the both of you into reality.

And who can blame him? That guy has had more than three episodes in a week alone!

It sounds crude, yes...even carnal if one were to sit down and think, but it was simply something Hanzo fantasized about, and not exactly something he would force upon you without confirmation.

After that little fiasco, you calmed your blushing self down and continued with what you wanted to say. "I just wanted to know if you are still very much open to the idea because...I figured once we can finally start a new life, we can just live in a rural village in Japan, maybe somewhere up in the mountains, and you know...raise a family there."

"I am not opposed to the idea," Hanzo replied simply.

"I can tell that you have concerns about this."