Planning for the Future

Hi uwu

Enjoy the chapter loves :3

"We figured we can pretend to be your trusted maintenance personel and that you have a leak or something that we are supposed to fix."

"And that's your back-up plan if any of the folks here see ya?" McCree concluded, putting a hot piece of biscuit inside his mouth.

"Yes." You nodded in resolution. "It would be frowned upon if I told them we were visiting friends because you only covered the expenses for this room for yourself and not for us."

"Well," the cowboy chuckled, turning to face Hanzo who was sitting silently on one of the smaller chairs. "I see why you fell for her: pretty fine and smart."

The Japanese man growled and furrowed his already digging brow. "Don't get any ideas," he warned before going back to his reading of a magazine that focused on...healthy living. Why McCree had this was beyond him, but he needed something to quell his boredom at the moment.

"Ah, don't worry, I kid. Anyway, just lay low and I'll try to make sure the Blackwatch agents don't suspect a thing with me. As for your ruined ship, that thing was bound to draw heads so I had to do somethin' bout it."

"I almost forgot about that," you gasped. "What did you do, McCree-san?"

"It's fine y'all," McCree assured, clicking his tongue for effect. "I just...teleported the whole thing piece by piece. Y'know--science!"

Hanzo lifted his brow as another concern loomed over him. "Wh...where did you transport the parts? It couldn't have just vanished."

"Simple: I just had another teleporter placed at the bottom of the ocean. Now Atlantis won't be so lonely, I mean who in their right mind would search for metal at the bottom of the ocean, am I right? So problem solved, courtesy of yours truly."

"Um--scientists, explorers: literally the people that make up most of Overwatch!" Hanzo replied in indignance. "(Y/N) tell him of what he just did."

"Wow..." you said breathlessly, completely an affront to what Hanzo would have expected you to do. "That's actually very smart; I mean rather reckless and dangerous but for you to have come up with that in a short amount of time is just--" You clapped your hands together, "--amazing."

"See?" Jesse winked. "She gets it."

"Ugh." Hanzo scoffed and waved him off, going back to his reading instead. You giggled at this and went over to him with a skip in your step, quickly placing a quick peck on his forehead just to watch that jealous frown melt away.

Priceless.

And that was basically how the two of you began to build a new life for yourselves within the four corners of Jesse's dwelling place. After almost a year, the two of you even figured out the schedule of every other tenant in the building, and you managed to work around that, compromising every single day.

Sure it grew tiring after a short while, and you  soon yearned for the sensation of the wind whipping your hair back or carrying the scent of the cherry blossoms, lying down on the grass, hearing the crickets sing and the rivers rushing by the smooth stones. You would find yourself staring out the window more often recently as time passed by, and worry would fill Hanzo as he failed time and time again to bring you any sort of relief and joy. The gladness he would bring you proved to be temporary, and it saddened him even more.

He wanted to do more, be more, for you.

If only he were still a Shimada...if only he still had everything he grew up with, his birthright, his village. His late father meant for all that to be his, and he wanted nothing more than to share it with you, if not give it all. He wanted to adorn you with colorful jewels, keep you satisfied under his wide roof, give you all that you ask for within a snap of his fingers. Lavishing you with various gifts, bodily and even emotionally, was his fantasy...but he doubted then whether you would appreciate indulging in the success of his family, built upon nothing but generations of blood and lies and vendettas. He couldn't picture you smiling anymore, even with heaps of treasures on either side of you.