The Cold War

Huehuehue. Who here gets thirsty just thinking about Hanzo? Also what's with all the hate from the Overwatch community towards him? I'll never know smh T-T

Anyway, here's the next chapter. Sorry if it's longer than others. Enjoy, loves!

The soft constant humming of the engine provided you with the much needed comfort your tensed, fatigued body craved for throughout the flight. Anymore mishaps this day and you might just be tearing your hair out from the stress that never ceased to terrorize you ever since this maddening plan of yours breathed life!

You've been flying, looking diligently at the blank sky for hours, going on secret routes to minimize the risk of being spotted by regular people and their government alike. As for you radar...well, that was much harder to get rid off, but at this point nothing can't afford to be impossible.

With your grip on the control columns still as hard as when you first held them on the night of your supposed demise, you pursed your lips as you caught sight of the glowing fuel icon blinking relentlessly with the AI telling you overhead that the tank needs immediate refilling.

Great. Where am I going to get 300,000 liters of fuel? Should I just make a stop altogether and attempt to survive on foreign soil? No--too risky.

Not only that, but your supplies were running shorter by the day, and restocking the ship anywhere on this god forsaken planet could be considered a possibility with either the aid of a miracle or divine intervention. You were supposed to be dead, and Hanzo--

Once the thought of him graced your mind, a deeper sorrow masked your face and you found yourself instantly looking over your shoulder to see him still fast asleep on his thin mattress, hunched back turned to you and thankfully rising with slow and steady breaths; as it should be.

"Um...please," you began quietly, "land near the nearest abandoned establishment you can find."

Hearing a shrill beep, you took it as a sign that the AI has comprehended your orders and once more put the system on autopilot as the main screen put out a route that corresponded with your request. You didn't think much of the holographic green screen with its yellow lines and constant notifications, giving you new sets of coordinates for every second you sped by the sky.

You tore your gaze away from the passing city lights and the control panel altogether as you trudged on padded feet over to where Hanzo slept peacefully. In the dark you stood behind him with rolled shoulders and a stooping back, letting go of the little strength that you held on to for a long while to regard the agony that stemmed in your heart. You were a stone statue, and for a moment you felt like letting go of all this--to admit that this was foolish and instead swallow your pride and return to the imperial palace like a sane person would. Hanzo could be handed over to the proper authorities and that would be the end of it. You could have a family of your own with one of those esteemed gentlemen and be your uncle's delegate until the day you peacefully pass away in your sleep.

It sounded insane, this dream, but everything in this reality was becoming so heavy, weighing you down and crushing you without mercy, that your thoughts couldn't help wandering to these sides of your fantasies. And yet at the same time you were numb...just a sea of nothingness, devoid of all care.

This whole thing was suicide, and you could feel the essence of it killing you day by day.

On some days, not even the thought of a better life with Hanzo could bring a cheer to your face or refresh your lowering sense of morale. Your apathy worried you by a great degree--you swore to love him during those nights when you cried alone in your bed. You prayed--no, begged-- to have a chance at being with him again, and yet...