The Room of the Lost

Y'all remembered where we left off? Yes? Good. Ok, let's go guys!

Also, I hope you enjoy the chapter and don't forget to vote, loves! :*

Hanzo's feet followed where the shadows trailed themselves behind Sojiro's person. For the duration of the walk, neither of them spoke a word to each other, except for the occasional "are we there yet"s and "no we are not"s.

The halls dimmed and bleaked with every passing second that ticked by, and the paint job had been noticeably degraded into dirty blotches of desaturation that no one bothered to renew. All the while eyeing these somber things, the thick ball of anxiety sank further down Hanzo's throat, and he found that he could hardly breathe.

"My son," Sojiro sighed at last, his voice tearing through the deafening silence, "do you...remember your aunt Kaguya?"

The heir took in a deep breath. "Yes. But what does she have to do with all this? With (Y/N)?"

As father and son talked, their steps never faltered, and before Hanzo knew it, they have stopped before two wooden screens that have no signs of rooms on either side of.

To be honest, the sight was a blow upon Hanzo's pride. He always thought that he had known all there was to know about the palace, seen all that had to be seen. He was supposed to know this place like the back of his hand!

"Where are we?"

"This room is a reminder for me that I have to do whatever it takes to make sure I get that curse out of you," Sojiro said. "Open it and go inside. Take a good look at what will meet you on the other side."

The heir stared his father down for a second, the seeds of dread and trepidation growing in the deep pit of his stomach. The young man wasn't one to fear easily, and taking this into acknowledgment only darkened the grey cloud that loomed over his head. He felt weak, vulnerable, and helpless--three things he would never show in front of other people, and sometimes, even in front of the mirror. He never liked it when he has no way of knowing beforehand what kind of enemy he'll be fighting against. The unfamiliarity of it all was poison, and it was killing him.

Nonetheless, obedience overcame fear and Hanzo grabbed at the panels' handles to pull them apart. The wheels that turned underneath the parting entrances creaked with friction, and the next sounds heard were the clan leader's voice once more.

"I've studied the lore of the dragon lord ever since I was a young man; my breadth of knowledge is wide, and I am thankful for my abilities, for it has lead me right to the solution.

"In the story, the goddess left a peculiar warning before she struck the dragon down with her curse, and I know without a doubt that she mentioned something about the sun shining down upon the accursed for them to heal. I figured literal sunbathing was not the answer to our problems, and so I went ahead to numerous libraries and consulted the best scholars from all over the world. When we looked at the story in greater detail, we thought of only one name that could be of relevance in all this: Amaterasu."

"The sun goddess?" Hanzo raised a thick brow before turning his gaze back to the expanse of the four corners that laid out before him. The room was pretty bleak, desolate, and dim, with dark purple walls that bore the same patch-like marks of desuetude as the corridor leading here. There was a scarcity of furniture, and Hanzo didn't have the heart to find out what this would have looked like when the panel screens stayed shut; aside from the entrance, there were no windows or holes or even cracks in sight from which the tiniest thread of light could pass through. Come to think of it, there were no vents present as well!