Satoshi's Package

Don't forget to click on the little star, guys. It means so much to me that y'all like my stories, so thank you for the support. X3

Enjoy the chapter, loves!

"Ohayo, Lord Hanzo," you greeted with a sheepish smile, hands fiddling themselves restlessly upon your clothed lap. Through the persistent shorter strands of hair that refused to be kept inside your high bun, you caught sight of your master returning the greeting with a soft bow.

Somehow, after the little heart-to-heart moment you had with Hanzo last night by the riverbank, the nerves that usually appeared upon seeing him had lessened, and you didn't feel the need to stand up with a spine that stood as straight as a plank all the time.

"Should I call for your breakfast to be brought in here or would you prefer going down with your father and Genji at the dining hall?"

"I feel like a little change of atmosphere this morning," he said, looking out the window to watch the early sun rays playing with the vibrant leaves on the red maple tree that stood in the center of the garden. "I want to have my breakfast here. My ears could use some sparing from all the talk about the clan's business--it's all I hear every morning. If it's not the finances, it would be another strategy on whose company to take over next. Father never seems to be bothered by the conversations even in the slightest--even for his old age."

You understood his perturbation and merely nodded at his request. "Very well, Lord Hanzo. It shall be delivered momentarily."

With that, you turned a heel and walked out of the quarters, and the moment that your shadow vanished from the other side of the shoji screen, Hanzo reached for his phone from the inner pockets of his gray kimono and started typing like a madman: red-faced with two thick brows knitted towards the center of his pale brow.

Have you delivered it yet?

He waited for a reply from the other line--any reply at all, be it a beep, a buzz, or a vibrating alert. But all of his patience, his distractions, his finger dancing upon his low table ended in vain as your figure came up closer on the other side with each second. And you opened the sliding door to the side to meet a nonchalant Hanzo, idly placing his phone back to where it had been before.

"Oh, Lord Hanzo, you will be most pleased," you declared with a bright smile that stretched from ear to ear. "Tanaka-san has made you his special udon, and from the smell of it, anyone can bet that it would taste just as great."

"Is that so?" he mused, sharing your smile. "I can't wait, but meals are often more enjoyable when shared with someone."

"Are you expecting someone, Lord Hanzo? Luckily I placed three of everything, you know, just in case."

He fondly shook his head and motioned for you to take the cushion lying on the other side of where he sat.

"Take a bowl and join me," he said simply and watched as you readied his hefty serving before placing the bowl directly in front of him. "Please, I insist."

"Well-" You bit your lip and looked up at the ceiling to tease him for a moment. "How could I possibly deny my lord?"

To your surprise, he chuckled, and the sweet sound mesmerized you as soon as it reached your ears. Raspy and deep, his chuckle kept you frozen on the spot. Oh how you wanted to listen to it on replay, again and again and again, for hour after hour.

"(Y/N)? Is everything alright?" He snapped his thick fingers right before your eyes, and a different sound plagued your ears. "Your face is red. Are you getting too hot?"