Beauty in Simplicity

Yo sup, guys? How's all doin'?

Gosh I love this line from Hanzo in the game.

Here's another chapter for y'all so go ahead, enjoy, and don't forget to leave a vote or comment, loves. ^_^

Ok, let's go.

In the stillness of the serene night in Hanamura, you finally had the chance to pick up where you had left off before Hanzo's predicament took over the situation--admiring the sudden gift Satoshi unexpectedly gave you before leaving back with his family to their province.

You found the opened parcel where you hid it off some time awhile back: under the flimsy protection of your thin mattress. Fishing it out, your hand darted for the silky fabric, and a connection was established. You wanted to wear this garment, no doubt about that, and tonight seemed like the best time to do so. The servants and most of the palace residents were more than likely to be dozing off right about now, and the call of duty would ring again tomorrow and hinder you from this special moment.

So with a smile, you began to undress, sliding the sleeves off your smooth shoulders and replacing them with the longer sleeves of your rare, exquisite gift.

***
The best part of the night aside from lying down on your warm bed, resting your weary bones against the mattress, and swimming in a world of dreams was the fact that in these few dark hours you could have anything you desired, you were free to at least pretend that you were who you've always wanted to be, with all your hopes and dreams, free from the appraising eyes of this self-righteous world that wanted to put everything and every person in some overblown pecking order.

At that moment, you weren't (Y/N) the servant girl: That night you were an esteemed lady of the court, walking by the plants inside the palace gardens moments after ditching her bodyguards in search of her secret lover, the lord of an enemy clan. With your hair down and a smile spreading your lips, you let the wind caress your features as it carried the distinctive scents of the towering maple, sakura, and the omoshiro plant.

You smiled, bending down ever so often to smell the wide variety of flora in Lord Sojiro's garden. You'd pass by here in the day, and oh do they look lovely with the sunlight shining down upon them!

You hummed in approval, heading off to the area where the koi swam by the flock, the pond where you nearly fell in before when you were a child. The kimono had a small train trailing behind, so there was a slight drag in your stride, but it barely bothered you. All that swam in your head was the sight of a small wooden bridge up ahead that curved over the waters of the said pond. If it wasn't the molding wood, another significant feature were its quaint red railings, resembling a house's framework either up close or from a distance. Young reeds were starting to grow along the pond's edges again, hiding families of insects between its flimsy green stalks and no doubt angering the gardener that will tend to the spot the next morning.

Enthralled by the beauty of it all, you succumbed to the glory of its simplicity and leaned your weight against one railing, your sparkling eyes training themselves on the big graceful fish beneath the waters. Just like them, your thoughts wandered in circles: First you drifted back to your parents, then to your future, then the sights that lie on the other side of the world, then you mulled over the very act of looking for them, wherever they may be.

But despite these intrusive thoughts cramming up in your head, you felt as light as a feather.

You felt invincible.

"I didn't know you come here at night too," a familiar voice came from your right. "I almost mistook you for some lost geisha."

"Lord Hanzo..!" you gasped, more out of surprise than anything. You jumped back and the koi darted away in alarm as your composure shattered at the sight of him. "I...no, this is my first time actually. I decided to take a walk out here because I couldn't sleep." You quickly bit your lip. "Are you alright now?"