The Chrysanthemum Returns

Well. Hi.

Sorry if this isn't an update on Never Let Me Go, loves! I swear I wasn't procrastinating T-T I was just really stuck on a transition, and in the process, I finished this instead! XD

Also if anyone actually looked up what the name Haruto meant in the chapter "Broken", then kudos to you. Cuz you'll go all "I see what you did there."

Anyhow, happy holidays and may this chapter suffice! Thank you so much, and also don't forget to vote, loves!

:3

In the eternal abyss of untinted soothing black, time was a thing of illusion, a trick the mind played upon the body to cement it down to what it has always known. So when the darkness parted with the light, all Hanzo could think of doing was bring a hand out to impede the morning rays from further blinding his eyes.

After a minute's time, the clan leader noticed a stabbing gelidity right on top where his heart beat. When he traced the source to be from underneath his gray kimono, his palms laid itself upon the top of your hand, and the man blushed when he felt you move your touch to where his broad shoulder ended.

You must have been mindlessly seeking warmth in your slumber, and keeping this realization in mind, the Shimada threw the comforter as best he could over your forms; even then, it was done rather haphazardly. His actions were limited as long as the weight of your head laid on the crook of his shoulder, as long as you had most of your limbs entangled with his.

It would be unfortunate if he disturbed you. You looked quite peaceful...he knew you were, though he couldn't quite see you.

At last he heard a groan from you, then a long content hum as you nuzzled further into the heat that emanated from your lover's gray fabric.

He could only chuckle as he placed a soft peck on your head and slowly propped himself up on his arms as to not disturb you.

"Are you cold, (Y/N)?"

In your stupor, you groggily fluttered an eyelid open, then two all at once, and with great effort you tilted your chin up to look at the handsome face of your waiting lover. But instead of replying with a clear, audible answer, you only muttered something under your breath and pressed yourself even closer to him, giving him a clear idea of what it was that you desired.

"I'll take that as a yes," he said, wrapping an arm around your back to further secure you. "Don't worry, we don't have to get up so soon if you don't want to."

You groaned once more. "I feel so much better. I could get used to mornings like these."

Hanzo chuckled at your sentiment. "Well, I don't know how often my new schedule shall permit us to do so," he replied with an air of remorse in his voice. "But every moment I spend with you, I'll try to make it worthwhile."

"I have every plan of taking advantage of this day," you sighed, thoughtlessly caressing the bronze skin of his taut biceps, where your hand laid at the moment.

Your lover didn't seem to mind. If anything, your innocent gesture boosted his esteem, and he wondered if you'd appreciate it even more if he went shirtless for once.

Of course such thoughts were indecent in his eyes, and he quickly shook the thought away. He wouldn't let carnality win over his resolve, plus he didn't want to risk embarrassing himself before you.

What if you'd shy away once you saw his body? What if you didn't like how he looked?

Never has he asked himself these questions, and when he thought about them for the first time that moment, he broke out into a mild sweat.