No Mere Lust

T-T I cri while writing this chapter but it's cool. I'm fine.

Also, lime warning at the beginning of the chapter. Heads-up y'all!

Enjoy, loves! :*

"Hanzo..." you moaned, "Please, I want to feel this forever."

Your sore body was littered with speckles of purple and red, and your lover was adding more, sucking every inch of your skin to claim you as his and his only. His kisses were sloppy, wet, something you'd expect from a starving man, and the thrusting of his hips mirrored the hot red desire that raced in his veins.

"My love..." he'd whisper against your moist hair, and then he'll plant another hungry kiss on the column of your neck, the taste of your sweat teasing his tongue. He could feel his legs straining, making sure his form was correct in order to give you all the pleasure you deserved.

"H-Hanzo-!"

"(Y/N), you make me so happy," the man panted in between heaved breaths. "Please, stay with me until the gods decide to take us again to the pure lands."

"I love you," you gasped, kissing his forehead as he quickened his brutish pace. "I always will...forever."

Seeing you filled with a plethora of pleasure--filled with him--in turn filled his chest with an empowering sense of pride and fulfillment, so much so that it nearly hurt inside. The last time he felt such a rush was back when he defeated another reputed heir of a clan in open hand combat: He was only a child then. But even then nothing could ever compare to this nearly surreal moment he was basking in.

With you.

But all of a sudden you were gone. Even the vestige of your warmth upon the fabric of his bed disappeared like a cruel, malevolent magic and Hanzo was alone once more.

None of it had been real.

Despite having been tricked into this deceit for almost two months now, the Shimada always woke up with a frantic call for your name, and the familiar cold chill would run down his spine after realizing only seconds later that you were never there to begin with.

He'd had enough. Hanzo let off a loud cry of defeat as the overwhelming sense of tension and frustration he battled to suppress for months threatened to burst out of his person in more ways than one.

He could feel his skin heat up to the feel of fire from time to time, as though he had acquired a life-threatening fever; other times his mind would refuse to cement itself down to reality, and he would daze off with countless thoughts springing up and playing all at once--he was mesmerized by a spell cast by you. That fact was simply irrefutable.

And during these trying and helpless times, when even the curse had no control over when it should show up on his body, Hanzo could do nothing but indulge in his thoughts, telling himself every time that this was the only way to ease it through the shame.

It wasn't enough just seeing you in his dreams.

They were so vivid, so tangible that the Shimada feared the various tests and experimentations done on his being had made him lose his grip on reality. When he touched you in that alternate plane he felt the softness of your skin and smelled the familiar scent that wrapped you. Kissing you there was only second to the real thing, and he could dig his fingers into your flesh again, feel the way you'd shiver and shudder beneath his body. The dreams fed his passion for you, and he found it all the more unbearable with each day that passed.

Lust, he'd tell himself with each waking moment ...this is merely lust...

He didn't feel any love for you anymore; he was not supposed to.