Broken

Hey there! :3 how's everyone doin'?

I finally have a twitter account, so now I can give my readers a heads up on the upcoming chapters or for any announcements or stuffs, and also for my other side of the fans who come for the art. Yeah. See ya!

Next chapter's up. Don't forget to enjoy and vote and comment, loves!  :*

Lego!

The thin layer of flour spread out with a little puff of air as a heavy piece of bread dough fell a few feet's distance from your hands to the top of one of the kitchen tables.

You pursed your lips, eager to put all if not most of your energy into making bread and other assorted pastries. So far, you've made shortcakes, baguettes (which took nearly forever to set in the fridge), and some classic pretzels to go along with it. Next on the list: pie. What kind of pie, well, it was something you figured you'd just have to decide along the way.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Genji greeted from the kitchen doors. "It's already past eight, are you still baking?"

"Well, yes," you replied sheepishly, wiping your brow with the sleeves of your yukata. "How long has it been?"

"Four hours. Aren't you tired yet?"

"Oh," you whispered, the realization dropping down onto you like a pin in a still room. "Has it really been that long?"

"Yes." Genji laughed. "Look, you should get some rest. It's pretty late. You can continue all that tomorrow in the quest to momentarily keep my brother out of your mind."

"I know," you groaned in defeat, body rolling forwards as your spine gave up on you. "It's only been three days, and yet I already miss him, Genji."

The younger Shimada couldn't help laughing at your pitiful state; you, on the other hand, found the situation anything but amusing. However the young lord's bright and blaring laugh reverberated through the walls of the red room and pulled you out of your hole of misery, forcing you to quirk the sides of your lips up against your will.

"It's pathetic, I know." You shook your head as you went behind the table to gather the utensils you've made use of, covered with bits of hardening dough and batter and flour. It was a white, sticky mess.

"No, no, no!" Genji was quick to amend himself. "It's totally normal. At least you're not sulking like some others out there who act like it's the end of the world when their boyfriend or girlfriend goes away for awhile."

"But I'm not acting as strong-willed as I hoped to be."

"And you think my brother's doing any better right now?" Genji challenged with a lift of the brow. "He's probably tempted to go back to the airport and catch the next flight back here right this moment."

"He said he'd call again tonight," you sighed, going over to the kitchen sink to rinse the mess you've made off the silverware. "I wonder how he's doing."

"He's Hanzo, he's doing fine," Genji assured, going over beside you to help out with the cumbersome chore. "I don't really worry for him. He never seems like the type to make a wrong decision in his life."

"Are you certain? That your brother has never been wrong with his choices?"

"Well," Genji paused to grab at the lathered sponge, "he seems sure of himself. So far, nothing bad has happened under his say. The elders have certainly trained him well for leadership."
"How about you? Aren't you going to rule over this clan someday as well? Alongside Hanzo?"

"Eh...I'm not really up for it. Sure it's a noble position to be leader, I'll certainly be able to help a lot of other people out, but...it's just not me, you know? I prefer being out there in the world, exploring places. This...I just feel trapped here." He turned to you the next second and flashed another one of his blinding smiles that contrasted the empty void of his countenance that plagued his face just seconds ago. "But you can totally take my place and rule alongside my brother as his wife, Lady (Y/N)."