Anger (Pt. 1)

Hey guys! Thanks for all the reads and votes--it means a lot to me that y'all enjoy my works! :D

I hope you all will vote for this one too. Enjoy the intense convo with Hanzo, loves!  :*

Kujiro let go of you as though nothing had happened and stood up with all of the composure in the world. He bowed slightly, wiping away the blood that trickled down his nose. His long hair slid from behind his shoulders and cast an ebony curtain on each side of his long face, giving you the unfortunate disadvantage of not being able to see his face that clearly.

What could he be thinking?

"Shimada-san."

Hanzo only squinted his eyes in response as Kujiro blocked your body away from his vision. As usual, the heir stood his ground and refused to show even the most meager sign of concern, an affront to the vehement screams blaring inside his skull.

"Were you hurting my servant?"

The daze and shock had left your head moments back and you found that the sting on your cheek where the man had hit you abated into a repetitive, dull throb. With your newfound strength under the presence of your superior, you propped an arm behind your bottom and sat up with a slouch; immediately, you wanted to lie on your back once again.

Your temples pulsed with a blunt pain that synced with the rapid beating of your heart, and for a moment you swore your eyes distended and bulged as they burned from beneath your irises. Oh god, I hope they don't explode.

To add to your list of misfortunes, a set of wooden feet stampeded out of the meeting hall like a herd of gazelles on the run before they halted behind Hanzo and observed with small, inquisitive eyes.

You saw the man before you tense up before he spoke, "I was only teaching her a lesson, Shimada-san, for not showing me the proper respect."

Hanzo's face broke up into angry blotches of red and his nostrils flared. "She is my servant; only I get to discipline her how I see it fit. You are disrespecting my authority towards her."

His fists curled at his sides, a gesture that didn't escape both Genji and Sojiro's gazes.

"Not to worry, Shimada-san," Kujiro continued, trying to appease the hot-headed man with open palms. "I can get her out of your way, and I shall pay you handsomely."

"You are buying her?" Hanzo's brows knitted further down the center.

"Of course. Look at it as just another business opportunity. I mean, I know you're short on staff here because you're discreet and all, but I'm very certain you'll easily be able to hire somebody else in her stead."

Your eyes widened despite their pain, and the delegates' stares felt as though they were burning through the Hanazawa and right into you. Akira's breath hitched; also he seemed taken aback by his son's brazen behavior.

"Alright then." You heard Hanzo reply, approaching his acquaintance with slow, steady steps. "Give me a million yen, and she's all yours."

A dagger of appalling treachery stabbed your heart as you registered the unexpected reply. 

He has to be joking!

"L-Lord Hanzo-!" Your voice cracked as you choked on your words.

You begged with desperate eyes, your throat having betrayed you at the most hapless of instances. The man you looked up to, however, only regarded you with a short side glance before turning his attention back to Kujiro.