When Honor Bites Like A Wolf (Pt. 2)

Continuation of the last chapter. Don't forget to enjoy and leave a comment, loves! :*

Warning: Trigger Scenes

"How much does she cost?"

The question perplexed Genji more than anything else: He hadn't expected such a condescending statement from a friend he's been through thick and thin with. Making it seem that Kujiro was just doing another one of his distasteful jokes brought ease to the churning in his gut.

"Heh, well, I wouldn't know." The green haired man decided to play along for the sake of not making a big deal out of it. "She works for Hanzo as his personal assistant. You might wanna go ask him."

"Since when was your brother ever interested in women?" Kujiro sneered with a lifted brow. Was this for real?

Genji shrugged his broad shoulders and stared back at the other's ebony orbs. "It's not like he's pursuing her as a girlfriend or anything. He just trusts (Y/N) enough because he knows her ever since we were kids."

"Huh..." Kujiro stroked his bare, pointed chin. "Maybe your brother's not so bad at finding the real deal. I mean, look at her."

Genji acknowledged his utterance and shifted his stare to your working figure. At the moment, you were handing a cup of warm green tea to Elder Togashi, whose face lit up at the sight of his precious beverage. With palms flat on your lap, you bowed low as soon as everybody's needs were fulfilled, and headed out the exit alongside Shuri Nakagawa without making so much as a sound.

"Kujiro, Hanata will be so hurt if she hears you talking like that." The shallow pit in his stomach crumbled into a dark abyss, and he was careening right into its cold, deep vacuum.

"Hey, come on Genji," he cooed, sensing the disquiet in his friend's overall person. He slithered an arm around the other's shoulders and continued. "What she won't know won't hurt her. Just relax."

The meeting resumed immediately, and if Kujiro's thoughts wandered off to space the moment it all started, then this time, his mind skyrocketed to cloud nine. He was intent on having you one way or another, and the determination was obvious in his darting eyes.

After all, he was a Hanazawa.

***

The enormous kitchen was a buzz. The servant girls washed away at the used cups and utensils, others boiled a third batch of kettles, a few maintained the cleanliness of the establishment, and in the background Shuri barked orders and reprimanded those who got the job wrong.

"Baka! There's no water in this kettle! What were you boiling, Sonoko-chan--air?!"

The frazzled female bowed low with ungodly strands of tangled hair clouding her vision. "Gomenasai, Nakagawa-san! I was just confused."

From where you worked, things were much more peaceful and quiet. You were one of the lucky handful to have the luxury to think more clearly, having been assigned to the meager job of mopping the panelled floors.

The wind picked up and blew all over the place, spreading the light pink petals of the sakura back into the still red halls. As much as this lovely show of Mother Nature was a sight for sore eyes, it was short-lived, and you grumbled in vexation at the prospect of having to clean up the halls from square one.

"Hey there, I was hoping you could give me a hand?"

A sudden voice came from behind you, and with that voice, a touch to your shoulder. You whipped your head around to meet your new acquaintance; an apologetc bow for inattentiveness the ready and instinctive reply.