At Last I See You Again

Guys...welcome to the last chapter. Enjoy y'all.

Les go!

"Darn, never thought it would go down like this. I really hoped to see ya again, darlin'."

From the comfort of his cushioned chair, Jesse McCree watched the news that talked about none other than the newest world-wide sensation that was your death. The wide holographic screen he set his brown eyes on was the only thing that lit up his dim and somewhat cluttered room, but the cowboy found that he liked it that way: the whole somber ambience of it all mirrored the tinge of pain and loss he felt inside. After so long he finally felt as though someone was finally sharing his sadness with him, no matter how small the matter it may be.

He didn't really get the chance to know you as well as he'd hoped, but he did remember that you took his advances quite well than most people--the finger guns and the butchering of Japanese words and all. He could tell right then that you were a kind soul, and if Reyes hadn't chewed his ear off when he did, McCree might have stuck around a little longer to actually have something to cry over about your death.

Jesse gazed off into a dark corner of his room, the very blackness of it engulfing his periphery until he found that he was too lazy to correct his vision and continued dazing off in the same direction as one would daydreaming. However all of a sudden, a loud buzz from his intercom interrupted the clipped delivery of the reporter on screen, and soon afterwards an all too familiar gruffness followed that had the cowboy already rising from his seat.

"Jesse, assemble with the others at the hangar quickly. We have a dispatch call from Rialto--might be about Talon. We're heading out in five."

"Yessir," Jesse answered back with a shrug of his draped broad shoulders. He stretched some, fixed the tightness of his belt, and idly scratched at his choppy beard with a gloved hand as he made his way out of his quarters; in his stupor he was completely oblivious to the fact that he had left the news running, going on for a while until such time that it jumped to a new topic, one about hostilities against omnics in America.

The jingle of his spurs notified the entire corridor of his presence and had people turning his way whenever he was near. Gabriel Reyes knew that sound a mile away and was more than ready to rip them off his subordinate's shoes if his conscience would allow it.

"It's about time. Come on let's go." Reyes rolled his eyes, big and heavy strides heading towards the inside of the passenger craft they were assigned to along with the medics and other foot soldiers under Blackwatch.

"What is it this time, boss? Drugs, assassination attempts?"

"I'll brief all of you once you get inside, so hurry your ass up and join the others."

"Is Moira comin'?"

"Is O'Deorain coming a problem for you?"

"Depends," Jesse replied. "I don't know about y'all but I like keepin' my spine where it should be."

"Don't be hysterical, McCree. No one wants that shit."

"You're so much fun, ya know that, boss?"

Rapid winds blew into the wide and dim hangar, beckoning Jesse to grip the hat against his brown locks, not wanting the item to blow away on accident and maybe land thirty feet away from him. He wasn't one to chase things around if there was no necessary value to it, and he chuckled mischievously at the realization that throughout his life, men and women alike were the ones chasing him.

He always was charming, wasn't he?

Once everybody was onboard their assigned aircrafts, the doors sealed shut with a low release of air and the pilots in charge looked over their shoulders to receive the confirmation to finally fly to Rialto. Reyes all but gave them one nod, and the message was spread throughout the entire unit in less than a minute. It got noisier as one by one the small fleet headed out into daylight.