Rain

Yo sup. How's it going?

Sorry if too long!

"Lord Hanzo, I don't know how to take this all in," you whispered, unwitting to the lowness of your volume as you continued to stare at the crisp paper you took out from the black envelope Karasuno gave you at the behest of the emperor--or as you've come to find out, your uncle.

"The shock will pass eventually," your lover assured just as quietly as he wrapped your body in a soft embrace. As of the moment, the two of you spent the remaining darker hours of that fateful day in his quarters, and you blessed the stillness for providing the tranquility your head badly needed. Still, even with the serenity of the ambience, all the information of awhile ago proved hard to be swallowed down and registered.

"What do you think I should do? With the emperor's invitation to go to Tokyo with him?" you asked, seeking for an answer in the warmth of Hanzo's body. "I've...I've never been out of Hanamura. I've never known anything besides Hanamura--and now I'm asked to go to the Imperial Palace!"

"It is quite intimidating to think about." Hanzo nodded, but the blank look on his face remained, contradicting his supposed sentiments on your turmoil.

"Is there something wrong?" you inquired instead, noticing his shortness of breath, his whitening visage.

"I...no," he denied readily, shaking his head. "It's fine. I'm fine. What matters is you now: You're the one caught up in this sudden predicament."

"That's not to say that you can't be in one either." You laid a palm above the fist on his lap and sighed, "I love you, Hanzo. Please don't push me away; tell me what's wrong."

"It's just that--" the clan leader immediately began, blurting out the suffocating turmoil that grasped him as he stood up with a burst and paced towards one of the open windows. "You'll be leaving."

You blinked twice, hoping the silence will beckon him to continue. "I...is that all?"

"Should there be a more qualifying reason?" he asked back, pivoting on his heel to face you once more.

"I mean, Lord Hanzo...I can still visit-"

"How can you be so casual about this?" he interrupted with a defeat that was just too obvious to simply dismiss. "We're going to be apart, and we won't be able to see each other every time we feel alone. I thought you felt the same way the moment the emperor offered you that option. I know I sound so immature and childish at the moment and it is unacceptable and I apologize for it, but..."

He stopped and gave off a sigh to muster his bearings.

"I'm just going to miss you very much, and I know that the days will be hard to get through. However this time, I won't have my ray of sunshine to cheer me up and keep me sane."

You had to keep in a smile; you couldn't let him realize that you find this side of your lover very much endearing. It wasn't the proper time, especially when he sounded like he'd choke on his own words any moment then.

"I'm not too keen on parting from you either; parting from all I've ever known to something I've only caught glimpses of in my wildest imaginations," you continued on a much more earnest note. "I meant it every time I say I love you, Lord Hanzo. But I'm just not as somber as you would expect me to be because, well, I know that time will pass by quickly and soon enough...I'll get to be with you again. Do you recall how I used to be in your place once you made the announcement of going to the States? Well here you are now."

"Well, yes but," he stammered, "I don't have an emperor uncle who might make a decree for me to stay within his palace's keep and make me marry a rich lord to be his honorable nephew in law."