That Time Hanzo Almost Killed Genji

Hey guys! Thanks for waiting--anyway, here's the next chapter so yeah--Yay!!

:3 peace.

"Wait, wait, hold on-" Jesse frantically waved his arms back and forth in front of you, effectively ending your deep recollection. "So basically what yer tellin' me is that yer boy over here misinterpreted the whole thing and thought you and his brother...got it down in a bathroom stall?"

"Well, when you put it that way, then yes. That's basically a summary." You were smiling more than you intended--and it wasn't even thanks to the awkward story you've just recounted. Jesse's aura was just so warm you couldn't help feeling safe and drawn despite the countless internal protests of your more logical self.

As for Hanzo, he was beet red from embarrassment at the retelling, but as he always did, the man just tightened the knot on his arms upon each other and continued sulking in the corner.

"But," you sighed with a simple smile as you rubbed your chilly nape with the warmth of your palm, "that wasn't even the worst of what happened."

"It ain't?" McCree sounded incredulous, and yet through the messy scuffle of his beard, you managed to catch the tiniest hints of an amused smile.
"No," you affirmed. "Let me tell you what went down next."

***

Dummies were being split open left and right, splinters flying in the air, and deafening cracks piercing through the air like thunder. As of that very moment the main training hall of the Shimada palace was a complete racket, swirling in a thick mist of raw vehemence which threatened to break the very foundation that supported this place upright.

Ever since the bathroom incident, as Genji would so lovingly dub it, you and Hanzo grew distant without warning, and any attempt of reconciliation on both your parts was barred by your pride as well as the lingering sour tastes that remained in the back of your mouths.

What's worse was that just this morning, the scion was greeted with news from his legal department stating that they have been compromised and that a faction of their classified files--transactions and all--were being copied elsewhere as they spoke. Not to mention that two of their subordinates had also gone missing days prior.

Spies--that's what they had to be!

Hanzo ordered for immediate action, and once you made your way to his quarters as routine would have it, it had already been too late. Your superior had already set off with his team to track down the traitors, and even then in your bitter moment of disagreement, you found yourself wishing him good luck and praying to the gods for his safe return.

For some reason you couldn't bear the thought of Hanzo hurt and injured, and in your solitude, you sought out Genji's company, hoping he had some senseful advice to give on how to possibly repair this broken bond that got in the way between you and his brother.

"I don't know what to do, Genji," you sighed heavily as you sagged on the cushion directly across the younger Shimada.

Your distraught was easy to read, and it was starting to rub off on Genji as well, seeing as how the lad would hum pensively whenever you were his company.

"I mean, a lot of things can get under aniki's skin," he simply said, just as he would every other time you'd ask. "It's best to just leave him be. Let his anger out for good, know what I'm saying?"

"But it's been a week," you groaned. "He wouldn't acknowledge my presence and act like I wasn't even there. Have you gotten a word out of him yet?"