Unlikely Friendships

"Doll," he began, "you were the one responsible for the multiple hack attempts on Overwatch's database to get us to come to Antonio's place, weren't ya?" The Blackwatch agent stalked closer by a step before speaking again, "You made us think they were actively onto us; then after that you solidified your plan and sent out an anonymous distress signal that only an elite would have access to. Pretty smart move on your part if ya ask me, princess. I mean, we never really pegged them Talon folks to be as careless as you made 'em to be, but eh--we couldn't leave it to chance. You knew we were gon' come and you counted on it."

"I--" Listening to him dissect your plan in full detail as though he had written it himself sent a punch to your gut, one that brewed shame, and your courage shriveled up the longer he pinned you in place with his mellow but piercing almond eyes.

Frazzled and scared for your life, you snapped your head left and right all the while clutching your hand to your beating chest, trying to calm down just enough to be able to formulate another one of your scheming plans that will hopefully serve you just as well as your previous ones.

This wasn't how things were supposed to go!

You bit your lip as your body broke out into a cold sweat despite the creeping chill of the abandoned room getting on every single inch of your body. How are we going to escape this guy without a ship, and in this terrible weather no less!

It felt like the end of your little game; every emotion you tried to suppress coming back up to display themselves on your face, betraying you the very moment you realized your defeat was nigh.

The fearless daredevil that went through hell and back just to rescue the man she love held captive suddenly disappeared like the sun under winter's spell, and you stood up immediately to try and ready yourself to bolt off into a sprint at the first sign of danger.

"Don't come any closer," you threatened, albeit poorly, and the man before you instantly ceased any signs of pursuit, putting his gloved palms up in the air in surrender.

"Darlin', I didn't come here to hurt you--quite the opposite actually."

"How many of you are here right now?" you demanded to know, fingers curling and uncurling, not knowing what to do with the anxiety and suffocating distrust that overflowed within you. There was no way in hell he was going alone to capture Hanzo, not when everyone knew how dangerous he could be.

And how did he find you in this desolate area? Quickly, no less?

No matter how loud the crash might have been, the place was still surrounded by thick evergreens and mountains. Nobody could have heard it.

"It's just me, darlin'," he sighed to reassure you and took another step forward, forgetting the surrender he swore to just moments ago.

"W-What are you going to do? Are you here for Hanzo?"

"This Hanzo's the least of your concerns now, darlin'. Right now we gotta get out of here--fast." Jesse placed both hands on the black serape that draped his broad muscular shoulders and tugged it around to have it sitting more comfortably atop his light bleak armor.

"What do you mean?" You lifted a brow. "And how did you manage to track us down so fast?"

"Darlin' you crashed an aircraft--that ain't exactly somethin' you can just sweep under the rug."

"It malfunctioned and ran out of fuel, okay?" You crossed your arms, the icy hold of fear melting away with each exchange you have with the man. It couldn't be as simple as that!

"Forget that, it's gone now. And you ain't s'posed to be here in the first place: Building was shut down two years ago for criminal activity as well as faulty construction, and it could collapse on top of ya anytime like this--" Jesse paused to snap his gloved fingers. "I can't leave you here and I'm gon' have to take ya with me."