Reason To Worry*

Hello guys !!

Messilina's POV

"How do you know? I was just nine!" I asked.

"But very pretty! I thought then, one day I will Marry her!"

I thought he was just joking until I looked in his pale irises.

"What? You? Me? Married?" I stuttered...

"Pearl, I'm not saying now but few years to come... Maybe by then I will be coronated and you will be my Empress huh?" He held my hand.

Whoa! I've never been prepared to hear this in my life one day.

This actually reminded me of counting my life. How will I end up when my mission finally commences?

Will I ever return or will I die too in the process? Will I have a future at all?

"Sire!" I started, when he sharply said; "Damian! Call me just that! "

"I'm embarking on a dangerous mission that I might not return... I've never even dreamt of having a life after this course!" I poured my heart out.

"Messilina!" He stated whilst trying to place my hand in his, but I couldn't watch that process unfold.

"Excuse me, sire!  I need to hurry up with something,  I promised my colleagues, we will be leaving here soon, at least we will stay until my training with you ends!" I ended.

"Alright! let's talk later then." He bit his lower lips.
Curse my enemies, is he going to get heart broken? Such a nice dude like that.

He has waited for such a pig nose like me for that long and all I could do was this?

I may not want to accept it but, I thing I like him too, what is the need of getting involved with him when I might not live to be with him, I will only hurt him in the end...

What is the need of even setting eyes on me when there are princesses and imperial princesses who are more beautiful and presentable than I am all over the country, and around the globe.

I'm just a law breaker's daughter and very much unfit to hold the title "Empress".

It might be difficult now but when I finally leave, he will get over it and move on,  it works... Sometimes, I guess!

Right now I'm sure my friends have got a lot of questions for me and I have a lot to tell them.

Damian's POV

I have not actually thought much about the mission she's going to carry out and what it might do to us.

My heart hurts at the mere thought of her not being with me ever!

In my defence, I started liking her before this whole thing began, little did I know such a problem like this will come up .

There must be another way around this! I will speak with her the next morning.

"Was it really her?" My mum asked facing my dad's direction...

"Yes! And she will leave in less than two weeks to kill Agyepong, which I hope she does, that bastard has once again quaking our lives!" I spoke with a heavy chest.

"But did you tell her everything already!" my mum asked,

"Almost everything! I didn't want to add much to her headaches... I don't want to hold her back, she has lost too much to forgive and stay with me. Besides her mum is still in their custody!"

"Are you okay?" She shifted her gaze to my direction.

" Not really, at least better than she is... She thinks she might not return, that we may never have a life together... F**k!" I dreaded that reasoning.

"Go with her then! I will place Chris in charge until you return." She suggested.

"Yeah that works too! I will discuss this with her tomorrow". I left to my chambers .

Messilina's POV

I told my buddies all about Damian and how he's related to my family.

"He told you that? This is so surprising and pretty much like a tale to me!" For Mat, she's like a modern day Thomas, she always needs a physical evidence.

"So what did you say to him, I mean if it's really true?" Hollies' voice had a little doubt too.

"Hollies..." I stated to prompt him of my awareness

"What? You don't expect me to just believe this tale, as Mat said... Look at this, there are princesses all over the empire, they are beautiful, meaty and most importantly very presentable you are the opposite of all that, why will he wait this long for you?" He had a point there.

"I get it Hollies! I may not be all that or even one but he's not wrong to like me... I myself might be having a soft spot for him some where in here.. I'm just afraid to hurt him you know." I made my point .

"Wait? Seriously, are you serious about all that? He sure has the worst taste I could ever imagine... Such a powerful, and handsome guy like that, has he not met me?" Mat for the first time spoke jealously.

"Say all you want, it doesn't change anything.
I've got to Find a way to make him see reasons not to pursue me any further"

"Pursue you? Girl it might just be a passing fling ok!  It's not that serious!" okay, Mat is jealous.

"It looks as if you are getting jealous, Mat? Messi isn't bad... She's worth pursuing, just that the one doing it, is the last person expected to!" Hollies spoke in my defence.

"Before you guys make me feel less of myself, let's end it here okay ... I'm going to the a shower!"

I slipped into my pyjamas after we decided to skip supper, and went to bed early so that we could wake up early for my training.

It was like the night was under pressure, it soon passed, we had breakfast and headed to the underground.

Damian was already there waiting for us. As much as I wanted these doubting Thomases to believe me, I also didn't want them to have their evidence.

"Did you sleep well, my lady?" Damian spoke with concern.

"Yeah, I did, just that the night was so short lived... You sire?" Yeah, I didn't want an answer for that question but I had to ask anyway.

" Damian, you seem to forget that every time " he made a correction.

"It's not that, I'm not used to it yet" I answered.

"I thought half the night away about us!"