The Truth Is Out *

Damian's POV

Hearing the most powerful sorcerers of the empire, saying exactly the same thing about the lady I've loved almost all my life, hurt my heart and still sound like a fairytale to me.

The fifth one ended, "If possible, she should be sent out of this empire!"

"No one will send her away! She has done nothing wrong!  And she won't do any such thing?" I protested in anger.

"Are you in any way doubting our integrities your lordship?" One of them asked when my mother raised her hand, preventing me from answering him.

"No one is doing that, do you have anything else to say?" She asked, when the oldest sorcerer answered,

"This might seem like a fictional fairy tale now, but it wont be in the days to come, there's doom ahead of us all,
Let's not wait till this sprouting plant grows to bear fruit.
It's a deadly tree, with a venomous fruits... None of us will be kept alive if we don't curb this now!"

"What are you trying to tell us?" I stood there with fury when they delineated their statement, to my shock;
"She must be executed!"

"Mother, did you hear that huh? I knew all along that was what you were up to! Tell me are you working for someone else aside us?
Where's your loyalty? Who put you to this, tell me?" My mum held me still in my seat.

Without giving her a listening ear, I walked out of the throne room.
Messilina might not be having any idea about this, her only dream is to get justice for her family, so she came to us for help. Why will that be necessary if she already had such power? I've even kept her waiting long enough!

I left to the hall and was told she took the route to the underground, she's got to hear about this! I hastily entered and saw her in there alone and reluctantly called out to her, after taking a couple of seconds to admire her curves and the edges of her body in the dress.

"Pearl?" I started whilst, slowly closing the gab separating us. She was literally glittering with beauty. And she looked exceptionally different.

The beauty I was seeing wasn't ordinary, I sucked in my lower lips and couldn't stop staring at her neither could I utter a word.

"Are you okay?" Her voice faulted my focus.