The Promise

Hi Guys !!

Messilina's POV

"Um... Shall we begin our lesson?" I strained from the topic.

"Sure! But cease throwing me off every time I bring us up! Just know it's very important to me that's why I do that!" He poured his heart out.

"My apologies!" I apologized. "Accepted! follow my lead ok!" He begun the lesson.

I could feel he had a lot on his mind. What if they are all questions, am I prepared to answer him?
"Um, wait! Mind if we talk first? It looks like you've got a lot on your mind!" I stated the obvious.

"You're good at reading people too? There are some documents your dad gave my mum to keep in your stead, it's all the properties your dad owned during and after his service to Agyepong "he spoke with a smile.

"My dad had properties?" I asked.

"Yeah he did, I will take you over to see my mum later, there's a lot waiting for you, Messi! I just wish there was a way for me to help you out on this mission! I wish I could go with you and look out for you so that nothing bad happens to you!" He looked genuinely concerned.

"What? That's not going to be possible! I can't risk your life like that! You're an important part of this empire. Your family needs you as well as this empire! Anything can happen to you out there and... I won't be able to deal with that!" I was also pretty worried.

"You are all that too Pearl! Your life isn't only important to me but this whole empire as well, you must be their future empress! Make it a reason to stay alive, that's if you feel anything at all for me, like I do for you. I love you Pearl!" He answered.

"Damian? I'm not worthy!" I protested.

"Then who is, Pearl? I don't care whether you have royal blood or not! My heart chose you and I want it to be you... What is it huh?" The look on his face spelt his pain.

"I'm just afraid that, you will get heart broken when I do not return, look, this issue at hand isn't a light one... Anything is possible!" I was overwhelmed with tears.

"Hey, look at me! If anything is possible as you are saying, then promise me that you won't allow yourself to die away... Promise me that you will return, for me, Please?" He requested.

"Damian! You don't know what you are saying, there are cultured princesses, deserving of your love!" I lowered my eyes, then he lifted my face to meet his.

"Promise me, Pearl! otherwise I will find my way to that empire as your partner!" He sounded serious, I knew then I had to save that moment.

"I... I, I promise you that, I will try to survive and return"

"To be with me?" He furrowed a brow.

"Y..yes! To be with you."
"That means you like me as well, right?" He squeezed a smile.

This guy is seriously pressing my button... He has served me a wide plate of uncomfortable right now.

"Yeah, I do! I won't deny it, seriously I can't!" That smile on his face right now, can make the Queen of England gift away her throne.

"All right! shall we begin now? You know what? Take the mask off! This time it's the emperor's command!"  He
Commanded.

"Okay, your lordship."

"Wow! You are a lot prettier than I last saw you"  he complemented.

"Thanks" I blushed.

"You're welcome, my lady!" He answered.

So we began the training, I was a girl this time and it was tough, extremely tough.

This is just the first day! How come I was able to do something yesterday?

"You are losing your focus, Pearl! The energy I experienced yesterday is not in you today!" He spoke.

"Well! I know what you are talking about but I guess I got a bit carried away... Thinking of all these stuffs about you and I, it's making it hard for me to concentrate! " I revealed.

"I'm sorry, it's all my fault... I guess there's only one option left now, my coach will train you and try thinking about the reason you are doing this ok? Only focus on that.
And look at him as if he was Agyepong! Go on". He answered.

"Thanks!" I gladly yelled, "You're always welcome.. now focus"

Actually, he isn't a bad coach himself, I realised the more I focused on the rage boiling inside of me, the stronger I got.

"Well done, my lady! you were great" he pulled me in an embrace.

"It's all thanks to you, I almost forgot my purpose, you will make a good coach, you know?" I beamed a smile to him.

"You are beautiful!" he complemented my sweaty self.

"Thanks again! ... It's something my friends cannot see "

"Okay, about seeing my mum, when should I come and get you?" He inquired.

"Yeah! about that, can we make it tomorrow? I'm not that prepared to meet her!"

"Sure, tomorrow then, have a great evening?"

"You too, bye!"

After the four hours training, the crew started bombarding me with questions! They had their proof and I got to answer them with silence.

Lucious's POV

This is the day father, the emperor had set aside for the ball.

It's tonight that, my mum will officially be declared the fiancée of my father! This actually reminds me of her daughter I haven't had any news about her yet .

Could it be possible that she didn't get the message or she chose not to come here? What kind of a daughter would that make her?

Just like her father, I will grab her heels one day and shake the life out of her.

I need a date tonight, I may be all the beautiful ladies' man but, this time I needed fresh blood, one that I've not tasted.

Thessa is by far the princess, who has proven hard to get. She's still not over the death of her mother... My dad might have crossed the line a little too much this time but, he's the emperor, and I'm his son.

Come what may, I must win her over, give her a little bit of my time for a maximum of a week then dispose her off like the others.

The only person I truly love, is my mum, every other woman is like a supplement.

None of them is worthy of me, my heart is too precious to hold memories of any of them.
Operation make Thessa your date, is a go!