boys//g.d

(y/n pov)

"You look- nice," Grayson said. You smiled as he put your hands on her shoulders.

"Like the dress, it's m-"

"Yours, I know," He grumbled. You gave Bailey a small smile as she looked back at you. With a kiss on the nose, you stepped away from her. "Do I have to drop you off?" He asked. Her face fell as she shook her head.

"I can take the bus, dad, it's okay," She whispered. He frowned, hands on his hips. "It's just the mov-"

"Bus? Looking like that, what the fuck no," He mumbled, picking up his keys from the counter. You sighed, leaning against the banister on the stairs. Bailey made her way down, fixing her jean jacket's collar.

"Gray," You said. They both turned to look at you. You smiled at Bailey and winked at her. "Remember what I said, my love, okay, have fun," You said to her. She nodded and ran back to give you a hug. You kissed her head and she waved at you.

"Get in the car, I'll be there in a sec," Grayson said. She nodded and slipped out the door. Grayson looked back at you and frowned. You smiled, spreading your arms.

He walked over, slumping into you as you smiled, hands running through his hair. "She's 16, Gray," You whisper. His arms wrap around you and he sighed into your neck.

"It's not fair."

"It is fair," You whispered. You could feel his eyebrows bunch up against your skin. "You went out when you were 16, did you not?" He groaned.

"Yeah, but she's my prin-"

"Are you gonna do this on her wedding day too?" He groaned again and you sighed, nails running down the back of his neck. "You're literally fine, Gray, what Sean's had like, what, 4 girlfriends now?" You asked. Gray pulled away.

"He's 17," He said. You laughed, shaking your head. "She doesn't need a man, she has me," He said. You shook your head.

"You're not her man," You said. Grayson rolled his eyes. "You're mine." A small smile found his face and you grinned, kissing him.

"Okay, fine."

"Look, be happy for her, okay, just look at her, she's so excited." He nodded. "Drop her off, come home and before you know it, you'll be going to get her." He nodded again.

"I'll manage," He said. You nodded and kissed him again.

"Right home, yeah?" You asked as he headed towards the front door. "No sticking around?"

"I won't embarrass her, okay, jesus, y/n." You smiled and shook your head. He waved bye and you blew him a kiss as he headed out.

---

"Are you ready?" Grayson asked. He was purposely driving slow now, nearing the theatre.

"Yeah," She said. Her hands were fidgety. He took notice. "I won't go if you really don't want me to, da-"

"No, no," He said, stopping at a red light. "I want you to be happy, okay, and I know you're excited." She nodded.

"Thank you."

"I love you," He said. She smiled at him.

"Love you too, dad." He smiled and reached for her hand. He squeezed it before returning his to the steering wheel. "What're you and mom gonna do?" She asked. Grayson looked back at her.

"I don't know, maybe we'll have a date of our own," He said. She smiled. "We'll stay home and relax without you two for a while." Bailey laughed and Grayson smiled. He held his hand out for her again.

"Why are we holding hands again?" She asked. "Dad, I'm not five."

"I know, baby, just trying to hold on to you for as long as I can." She looked at him with a sad smile.

"I'm not leaving you, I promise," She whispered. He smiled at her. Oh my god, there were tears in his eyes as he pulled up to the entrance. "It's one date, dad."

"It only takes one." She smiled and reached over to kiss his cheek. "Call me if you need me, okay?" She nodded before really looking at him.

"I really like him, dad," She whispered. He gave her a small smile.

"I can tell, princess." He kisses her head as she steps out of the car. "I can tell."

---

"Hello?" Grayson asked. You looked up from his shoulder. Sticking some popcorn into your mouth, you sat up. "Yeah?"

"Who is it?" You whispered. Grayson mouthed 'Bailey'.

"What?" He asked, sitting up. You frowned. "Why?" He asked. You shook his shoulder as his fists clenched.

"Okay, okay, call your mom okay, talk to her while I drive," He said as he stood up and you frowned at him. "Okay, I'm coming, princess, okay?"

"What's happening?" You asked. He sighed pulling on his sweatshirt.

"He fucking stood her up." Your eyebrows raised as you picked up your phone.

"Oh my god." He grabbed his phone as you called your daughter. "Hey, baby," You said softly as Grayson waved by at you, keys in hand.

"H-hi," Bailey whispered.

"You okay?" You asked. Stupid question.

"He never came, mom," She whispered. You sighed. "I'm just standing here."

"Daddy's coming, okay?" You heard a sniffle.

"Why didn't he come?" She asked. You sighed. "Why didn't he come?"

"Because some boys," You paused. "Are dicks."

"All boys are dicks," She mumbled. A small smile found your face.

"Your dad's not a dick," You say. You can practically feel Bailey's smile on her end. "Maybe your brother is, but your dad isn't."

"Yeah, but you got dad, what am I supposed to do?" Bailey asked. You laughed and heard the sound of a smiling sniffle on the other end.

"You wait, Bails," She tells her. Bailey sighs. "You're just a baby, honey, your man'll come."

"I want him to hurry up." Y/N laughed.

"Here, when you get home, we'll make hot chocolate and watch a movie and get all cozy and make up for your date okay?" You asked. You heard another loud sigh and the sound of Grayson's voice. "A mother-daughter date, okay?"

"Okay, mom, dad's here," She said. You smiled. "Bye, mom."

"Bye honey." Bailey looked up as Grayson walked to her. Spreading his arms, he walked closer to her. Tears filled Bailey's eyes as he engulfed her in a hug.

"It's okay," He whispered, rubbing her back as she squeezed his waist, crying. He sighed and kissed the top of her head. "It's okay, princess."

"Boys are stupid," She mumbled into his chest. Grayson let out a soft chuckle. "I'm never going on a date again."

"I'd love to say that I told you so," He began. Bailey giggled and looked up at him, chin pressed into his chest. "But that'd just prove your point."

"Boys are stupid," She repeated. Grayson smiled, running a hand through her hair as he kissed her head one last time. "Even you."

"Alright, yeah," He said. He took her hand. "What movie are we watching?" He asked. She looked up at him.

"We're watching a movie?" She asked as they walked to the ticket counter. He nodded. "I don't know."

"This is how a guy's supposed to treat you, yeah," He said. She looked up at her dad. "He asks you what you wanna watch, buys you popcorn even if you tell him, no, and he'll hold your hand, got it?" Bailey giggled.

"Okay."

"And he pays for everything, even though you could too, and he'll be so respectful and nice to you, that little shit." Bailey laughed and wiped at her eyes. "And he'll tell you how beautiful you are, princess, and he'll treat you right, right?"

"Right."

"Good, now what movie are we watching?"