jealous//g.d - pt2

(third person pov)

Angie frowned and looked around. "Daddy?" He watched as Gray paced back and forth of their brand new living room. "Daddy!"

"Sh," He hushed. She frowned. "She's gonna sleep soon, okay, then I'll play with you."

"Don't wanna play- wanna help!" Angie squealed, running up to him, trying to jump to see her sister, just a month old.

"I know, but daddy's got it- why don't you have some quiet time?" She frowned.

"Don't want quiet time, daddy, wanna-"

"You're a big girl now, Angie, you've gotta start listening." His patient voice was gone now. He was frustrated. "Do you really wanna go on a time out today?"

"Daddy!" And Sav was crying even louder. Grayson gave Angie a look and shook his head. The two-year-old sighed, loud for her daddy to hear, and stalked off into her book corner.

This was her new time out spot. Her little bean bag rested against her little bookshelf, so she could look at the pictures of her books, staying quiet until she was ready for her mama to come talk to her.

But since y/n was fast asleep, taking a much-needed nap in her bathtub, Angie knew it was going to take much longer than her usual ten minutes to be done with her time out. So she pulled open a book and started to stare at the pictures.

It wasn't long before uncle Ethan was in the living room too, heading to the kitchen to make himself something to eat. He glanced over at his brother for a moment, smiling to see Savannah drifting off into a nap. Then his eyes fell on Angie.

"Cookie?" Angie looked up from her book and gave Ethan a tiny smile, holding up her book. He wiped his hands on his sweats and walked over. "Whatcha doin'?"

"Time out," She mumbled sadly. E smiled.

"Is mama coming soon?" She shook her head. Ethan's face fell as his eyebrows bunched up. He turned to look at Gray, sitting on the couch mid-yawn. "Where'd she go?"

"Nap time for mama." Ethan sighed, stood from his couch and held his hand out. "Mama gotta talk!" She exclaimed. He put a finger to his lips.

"I'd say I'm qualified enough to end time outs too," He said with a smile. Angie put her book back and scurried behind Ethan, taking his hand. "Let's make a snack- Theo's almost done with his nap."

"Snack for Theo?" He nodded, pulling her up onto the counter.

"And for us, of course." She smiled at him, slumping up against the wall. "Why so sulky?"

"Sully?" She asked. "Blue Sully?"

"Not Sully," He sighed and gave her a dramatic eye roll. She giggled and covered her mouth. "Sulky- my cookie looks so sad," He pouted. She shook her head.

"Nope!" He put his finger to his lips again. "Oops."

"It's hard to get little babies to sleep, huh?" She nodded. "They get so loud when they cry."

"Baby loud," She agreed. He sighed, shaking his head as he spread the avocado on the toast. He pointed at it and she nodded. He cut it up into little pieces and put them in a plastic bowl for her. "Spoon?" She asked, taking it from him after a thank you.

"No one eats toast with a spoon," He said with a little chuckle.

She was eating toast with a baby spoon by the time y/n came down, hair wrapped up in a towel as she took Savannah from Grayson to sleep-feed. "Hey," Gray said, walking over as y/n walked away with the baby cradled in her arms.