socks//e.d

(y/n pov)

"Can you get that for me, please?" You looked over at the little girl next to you. She smiled up at you as she pointed at a shirt hung too high for her to reach.

"Size?" She put a finger to her chin.

"Maybe a small or something." You grabbed a small and a medium and gave it to her. "Thank you very much." You smiled.

"You're very welcome." You turned back to the clothing, trying to find something for your niece when you watched her run to the mirror at the end of the aisle. She held the t-shirt against her and posed. Smiling and shaking your head, you went back to the clothes.

"Um-" you heard in a few moments. You turned to her. "Which one looks nicer?" she asked you. She held two different shirts against her and you thought.

"I like the black," you said with a nod. She titled her head as she looked at it. "That's just my opinion though, maybe you should ask your mom?" The girl sighed as she kept the balck and put the other one back.

"My mommy left a long time ago or something." Your eyebrows raised for a moment. "And my daddy doesn't know how to pick out clothes- like ever!" she laughed. You smiled.

"Well, I'm glad I could help today." She nodded smiling.

"I'm Natasha," she said with a grin.

"Hi, Natasha, I'm y/n." You gave her a smile before looking around. "Did you come with your daddy today?" She nodded, looking around.

"Daddy?" she called out. "You wanna say hi to him- I think he needs a friend besides my uncle Gray- Daddy!" You smiled, shaking your head.

"Comin' princess, I've got some nice socks for me, since I keep running ou-" You watched as Natasha's dad walked into the aisle. Your eyes raised a little once more at his appearance and he stepped towards his daughter. "Hey, angel," he said with a smile, giving you a look.

"Hi, daddy, this is my friend y/n!" she introduced. You gave him a little wave. "And this is daddy, y/n- well, maybe you shouldn't call him daddy, you can call him Ethan."

Ethan laughed out loud, as did you as he crouched down next to his daughter. "Okay, angel, that's enough- did you get a shirt?" You rubbed your elbow with your other arm as you waited patiently. Gosh, that was embarrassing.

"Uh huh, y/n helped me pick!" She held up the shirt for him, a long sleeve plain black shirt that would stick to her tiny frame. Ethan frowned. "You don't like it, daddy?"

"Um- yes, how about we try something else, yeah?" She frowned.

"I like this one!"

"I know, but see the neck's too low, see, right here, maybe not for sch-" You laughed, cutting him off. He looked up.

"She's like five," you said softly. Natasha gasped.

"I'm almost six!" she defended.

"Even better, sweetheart." He frowned, looking at the shirt. "I think it'll be a cute outfit if she wore shorts or something." Natasha nodded.

"See daddy, you don't know anything." He frowned, staring at it. "Please, daddy!"

"Oh, I don't know- here we can get it and you can wear it at home, pick another for scho-"

"No, daddy, that's no fai-"

"Hey," you said stepping in. "Why don't you go try it on?" you asked. "That way daddy can see?" Natasha nodded.

"That's a good idea," she said. "Let's go, daddy," she said, tugging on his hand as he stood. You smiled. "Y/N's gotta come too!"

"Oh she's probably busy," Ethan said with a smile. "Are you?" You shook your head.