homeless//both

AN// hi guys!! i know i have a few requests, ill get to them, i promise!! but i just i dont know had this idea and ahhh its really sad, but maybe three parts? i also haven't decided where im going with it (not that i ever do) but im leaving it for both twins until i figure it out xx

TRIGGER WARNING: drug use, child abuse, violence

(third person pov)

"I mean, how do we even know if it's actually vegan or not?" E asked. Gray shrugged.

"Just trust 'em man."

"But like, they could just, use whatever shit- how does anyone even know for sure?" Gray sighed, looking at the bag that contained their late dinner.

"I don't fucking know man, just hope they aren't lying?" E sighed, annoyed. "Trust the system, bro."

"Trust the sys-" Ethan frowned, hand on the door of his side of the car.

"What?"

"Is that a kid?" E asked, whispered. Gray turned. There was in fact a little girl, lurking around the corner. E frowned. "What the hell?"

"Who-" E shook his head, walking over. "Careful," Gray whispered, walking next to him.

"Hey," E whispered. The girl gasped, turning. She backed into the bricked wall and the twins stopped nearing her. "Hey, whatcha doin'?"

She didn't say anything, just looking around, clearly afraid. "Where are your parents?" Gray asked. She blinked. Nothing.

"Do you need a ride home- are you lost?" E asked. She stared, sliding down the wall, trying to get away. "We're not gonna hurt you," Ethan whispered.

"Hey, hey," Grayson whispered, kneeling. He put the food he was holding down, along with his keys. "Nothing we're going to hurt you with, okay?" She wiped at her eyes.

"Are you lost?" E asked, voice low and calm.

"No," she whispered. E nodded, looking up at his brother. "I gotta go."

"Wait- hey," Gray said, a hand out. "Where are you going?" She just shook her head.

"It's not safe for you to be out alone this late, yeah?" E asked. She didn't say anything. "How old are you?" She thought before answering.

"Six." They nodded.

"Do you know someone we can call for you? We'll wait 'till they come get you," E said, reaching into his pocket for his phone. "Your parents' number?"

"No," she whispered again, shaking her head. "I gotta go."

"Where do you have to go?" Gray asked. "We can take you," he said, gesturing to his car. She shook her head.

"Not far," she whispered. E and Gray looked at each other. "There," she whispered, pointing across the shelter. They turned to look and then back at each other.

"That's- isn't that a homeless shelter?" Gray asked. She didn't say anything. "Is that where you li- stay?" She nodded slowly.

"I'm not supposed to talk to strangers." The twins nodded. "Unless you got money."

"Money?" they asked in unison. She looked at her feet, only covered in a pair of pink dirty socks. "Wh-"

"I gotta go," she repeated. They were concerned.

"Can we walk you there?" She stared at them. "We'll walk you there, just so you're safe," Gray said. She shrugged.

"Are you hungry?" E asked. "Why are you by the dumpsters, it stinks here," E said. She frowned at him.