cookout//e.d

AN// i combined two requests for this one? it just makes it easier for me to manage. again, i hope its okay xx

e: erin (7), nate (11), nina (15), ezra (16)

gray: reia (3), renee (6), ryder (9), riley (13), ryan (17)

(third person pov)

"Are you illiterate?" Ethan sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Ethan can you not read?"

"Look who's talking-"

"This isn't- it doesn't- oh my god, return it."

"Uh, you can't." Grayson rubbed his forehead. "Look, it's fine Gray, we'll give it to grandma or someth-"

"This isn't vegan, Ethan, you just bought regular non-vegan burgers, dumbfuck!" Ethan sighed.

"Alright, it's not the end of the world, we'll go get vegan burgers." Grayson groaned, turning the grill off.

"Great, now they're gonna get hung-"

"Calm down, old man- who wants to come with me to the store?" He asked. The kids looked up at him, no one saying anything. "Princess?" He asked his fifteen-year-old. She groaned.

"Dad." He smiled, tilting his head. "Alright, jesus." He kissed her head as she walked to him.

"Well, work on the other stuff 'till we get back then," Ethan told his twin. Grayson sighed as he picked up Reia.

"Yeah, alright, I'll just do everything." Ethan chuckled and he walked out with Nina. "Whatever- vegan, this time." Ethan nodded and waved.

Nina sighed, sitting in the passenger seat. "Aren't you gonna talk to me?" He asked. She sighed.

"You said my friends could come," she sighed. He smiled at the teenager. "Dad!"

"Sure, they can, are they?" Nina frowned at her phone.

"Only two can come," She sighed. Ethan smiled. "So, I have a very important question."

"Fire away."

"I was just wondering if I could go to prom, like, next year?" Ethan frowned.

"You're not a senior next year."

"I know, but if a senior asks me out-"

"God, no, Nina, have you lost your mind?" Nina sighed. Ethan shook his head. "You can go when it's your year to." She sighed.

"Alright, whatever." Ethan shook his head, pulling into the parking lot. "So they can come?" E nodded.

"If they're nearby, sure." She smiled. "Do they need a ride?" Nina shook her head.

"Nope- can I stay in the car?" E nodded and winked before walking into the store.

When he came back with two boxes of vegan burgers, Nina was smiling at her phone. "Who is it, princess?"

"My friend."

"Is she coming today?" Nina looked up at him for a second.

"He and, yeah." Ethan nodded and started the drive back home. "So- like, we can just eat and go back up to my room, right, I don't feel like teaching Reia how to talk today." Ethan rolled his eyes, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Sure, but I want to meet your friends," He said with a smile. She nodded slowly.

"So how can we have a cookout to kick off the summer if it's literally just us and uncle Gray?" Ethan smiled. "We should've invited the whole street, don't you think?"