homeless//both - pt2

(third person pov)

"You like?" Gray asked. She was sat at their dining table, munching away on the burger. They'd warmed it up for her in the microwave for her.

"It's yummy," she whispered. E gave her a smile, sitting across from her. "Thank you."

"Don't worry about it." Gray leaned against the back of E's chair and they waited for her to finish. She looked up, a fry halfway in her mouth.

"Are you hungry?" she asked. Ethan and Grayson chuckled.

"We'll get something else to eat later," Gray said. She nodded, holding out a fry. E smiled, taking it and sticking it into his mouth. She handed Gray one too. "Thank you."

"Please don't call the police," she whispered, pulling the tomatoes out of her second burger. "I don't like the police."

"Do they scare you?" E asked. She shrugged. "We'll call CPS, do you know what that is?" She shook her head.

"Child Protective Services," Gray explained. "They'll make sure you go somewhere where you get food and have a nice place to sleep."

"Will they call my mommy and daddy?" she asked. The twins looked at each other. "I don't like them so much."

They decided to be honest with her. "I don't know if they'll call them, but I don't think you'll have to stay with them," E said. She nodded and Gray turned to go to the fridge.

"Coffee, E?" Ethan nodded and Gray began to make some coffee. A little late- seeing as it was almost midnight, but they had a feeling they'd be having a long night.

She ate a few more fries and was halfway through her second burger when she was finished with it, just staring at it. "Full?" E asked. She nodded. "That's okay, you can leave it."

"I don't wanna waste it," she mumbled, trying to eat another fry. E smiled.

"We can save it for tomorrow," he said. "Or I'll eat it, don't worry about it if you're full," He told her as Gray set a mug of coffee in front of him.

She nodded and pushed it away a little, holding her stomach. Gray smiled. "Yeah, all done?" She nodded and stared as the twins sipped their coffee. She had a feeling her life was gonna change.

"Well, are you tired?" E asked. "You can sleep in the guest bedroom if you'd like- it's clean, yeah?" He asked, turning to Gray. Gray nodded.

"Should be." They turned back to her. She looked a little uncomfortable. "Okay, that's okay, what do you wanna do?"

"Not sleep," she said. They nodded. She felt rude, asking for so much when they'd already fed her more than she's had to eat for over a month now. "You gotta bathroom?" she asked quietly.

"Oh!" Gray laughed. A small smile found her face, listening to him chuckle. "Of course, yeah, you need to use it?"

"I smell bad," she whispered. They looked at each other.

"We don't think so, but if you wanna shower, you can." She nodded and crawled off of her chair. Gray led her down the hall and to his room. She looked around.

"Woah." E chuckled as she stared at Gray's bed. "You sleep here?" she asked. E shook his head.

"He does." She turned to look at Gray. He nodded.

"Where do you sleep?" She asked Ethan. Ethan pointed out the door and down the hall.

"In my room." Her eyes widened. "And we have one other-"

"Can I sleep here, please?" she asked. The twins looked at each other. "Or it's okay, it's alrighty-"

"No, no, if you wanna sleep here, that's okay," Gray said. He gave her a smile and pushed open his bathroom. "Here you go." She walked in and peered at everything.