not you//e.d - pt3

(y/n pov)

"Mom?" You blink a few times as you wake up properly. "Mom?" You hear another slur.

"Gavin?" You swing your legs over the edge of the bed and frown. "Gavin, baby, what-"

"Mom, don't call dad," He mumbles. Your eyes flicker over to Ethan, lying on his side, an arm stretched in front of him where you were lying under.

"What's wrong, is everything okay?"

"Need you to pick me up." You frowned as you stood. You pulled the phone from your ear to check the time.

"From- Gavin are you drunk?"

"Mhmm."

You sighed, rubbing your forehead, shaking Ethan awake even though your son had told you not to. "Wha-"

You put the phone on speaker as Ethan sat up in bed. Ethan rubbed his eyes as Gavin spoke again. "'M drunk-" Ethan shut his eyes. "Come get me- don't wanna drive."

"Yes, don't drive sweetheart, okay?" Gavin grunted into the phone and you heard yelling in the background. You shut your eyes for a moment as Ethan shook his head, standing out of bed.

"'Kay 'm at Jake's house-" He mumbled. You sighed, looking at Ethan. "No, shiittt-" He paused.

"Do you know where you are?" You asked. You heard him laugh.

"Fuck no, mom." You sat, rubbing your forehead. "Oh, I'm at a party." You sighed.

"Okay, Gav-"

"'M at Nathan's!" He yelled. You held the phone away from you and Etha nodded. He mouthed to you that he knew where that was and you sighed. "Yup, Nathan's."

"Okay baby, you stay there, okay?"

"Come get me, think I'm gonna throw up-"

"Yeah, yeah." You sighed and he ended the call. You looked up at Ethan and he pulled his sweatshirt down properly, leaning down to kiss you.

"I'll get him, okay, don't worry about it, okay?" You stood as he wrapped you in a hug. "Go back to sleep?"

"Sleep?" Ethan smiled and kissed your head, giving you a squeeze before he pulled away. "I'm so worried about him, E-"

"I know, we'll deal with it when we get home, okay, properly this time." You nodded and he gave you another kiss. "Relax, okay, I'll bring him home, I promise."

"Are you sure you know where he is?" Ethan nodded.

"Gray's kids used to be friends with the kid- used to get them from play dates, remember?" You nodded and sat back down on the bed as he pulled on socks. "I'll be back in no time."

"Okay." He kissed you one last time before heading to the door. "Don't yell at him, okay?" Ethan raised his eyebrows, hand on the doorknob.

"No promises."

---

"Come on," Ethan sighed, pulling Gavin up and off the floor.

"What the fuckkk?" He slurred. "Where's 'ma?"

"At home," Ethan mumbled, pulling his son up, and throwing his arm over his shoulder. "Do you still feel like throwin' up?"

"I fucking threw up already," He yelled. Ethan winced as he pulled Gavin out of the house. "I'm pretty sure I have a girlfriend now-"

"What?" Ethan shook his head, walking down the sidewalk to where he'd parked the car, a couple of houses down.

"We fucked." Ethan shook his head, digging into his pocket for his keys with his free hand.