terrible two's//e.d

(third person pov)

"Good morning princess," Ethan cooed, walking over. She rubbed her eyes as she stood on their bed. Ethan stretched his free arm as he walked over, Elanor tucked away in his arm. "Wanna go brush your teeth?" He asked her. She simply raised her arms. He sighed.

She waited for him to lift her, but he knew if he put Elanor down, she'd start crying. Eloise kept her arms up, waiting as Ethan sighed again, shaking her head. "C'mon princess, I've got your sister right now, see," He asked. Eloise didn't say anything as she yawned.

Ethan sighed, putting Elanor back, wincing at the sound of her crying. Ethan picked Eloise up and she pressed her face into his neck as he carried her to the bathroom. "C'mon," He sighed as he tried to set her down on her stool.

She stayed clinged to him and Elanor's cries were only getting louder. "Daddy," she mumbled. He sighed, kissing her head and pulling her off of him. "Daddy he-p," She said, pouting.

"You're a big girl, you can do it," He said to the two-year-old. She frowned at him. "I have to go get your sister, princess, you brush your own teeth, okay?" He asked before quickly closing the door before he started to feel bad.

He hated saying no to her.

He walked back to Elanor, picking her up from his bed again and holding her against his chest. The bay, only a couple of months old, did not stop wailing. "Angel," He sighed.

Why did he put her down?

"Daddy?" He heard. He carried Elanor to the washroom and opened the door quietly. "Daddy, see?" Eloise asked, holding her toothbrush, the toothpaste on it. He gave her a lazy smile.

"Good job, princess," He said. She beamed and pushed the brush into her mouth. He decided to stay and keep an eye on her as he rocked Elanor back to calmness. "Almost done?" He asked as she spit her toothpaste out. She nodded.

She finished up by washing her face like y/n had taught her and stepped off, her toothbrush in hand. "Nor's turn?" She asked, holding her brush out. Ethan smiled.

"I'll help her, okay?" Eloise frowned and crossed her arms. "Here, you put your toothbrush back and go get dressed okay?"

"Wanna help Nor," She said, trying to grab her sister.

"Hey, hey," Ethan sighed, pulling her off. Eloise frowned. "Go get dressed, okay, wear whatever you want," He said. Her eyes lit up.

"Ever?" Ethan nodded and she stumbled out of the bathroom.

Ethan sighed, setting Elanor on the counter. "Let's get you ready," He sighed, knowing fully well she wouldn't reply. He smiled as she opened her mouth for him anyway.

He helped her rinse out her mouth and semi brush it with a little rubber thing with y/n used. And then he was washing his own face and doing his thing before carrying her out. And the first thing he did when he walked into his and y/n's walk-in closet. Facepalm.

"Daddy!" She squealed. Ethan sighed.

"You can't wear your mama's clothes, princess," He sighed as Elanor wiggled around. He set her on the floor to crawl. "Here, let's wear-"

"No!" She screamed. He sighed, hands on his hips. "Daddy said -ever!"

"Whatever you wanted of your clothes, that shirt's hanging off your shoulder, sweetheart, your head could fit in the arms," He sighed, walking over. She ran into the corner and he rubbed his head.

He needed y/n.

"Princess, c'mon, out of mama's clothes," He asked nicely. She shook her head. "Eloise."