birthday party//e.d

AN// i promise it gets better is all i have to say before you read :(

(third person pov)

"Mommy?" Y/N looked down. "What time's it now?" She sighed and rocked the toddler in her arms.

"It's six o'clock, sweetheart." Ethan looked up from his laptop with a frown.

"But the par-party was 'posed to be at 4 o'clock!" Y/N looked over at Ethan. He shut his laptop and put it away, getting up from the couch. "Mommy, where's everyone?"

"Baby-"

"Hey, princess," Ethan whispered, picking her up. She began to cry.

"Daddy no one came, no one came!" Ethan pulled her up to his chest in a tight hug.

"Angel-" He sighed, rocking her in the best way he could.

"I'm the birthday girl, daddy, and no one even came!" She cried into his neck, arms around him as he held her tight. Y/N looked up at them, the two year old in her lap sleeping now.

"Hey, it's okay, angel," He whispered. "Maybe everyone got busy, yeah, maybe they all forgot?"

"No, daddy!" She cried. He squeezed her. "Ev-everyone hat-hates me, daddy!"

"No one hates you, angel," Y/N whispered, pulling her dress down. "No one hates you, everyone just got busy today, okay?" She shook her head and Ethan put her down and got on his knees before her.

"No-"

"Princess, it's your birthday, sweetheart, don't cry," He whispered, wiping at her cheek. She sniffled. "It's okay."

"Daddy no one came to my party, not one person came!" Ethan shut his eyes. He kissed her head and pulled her in for a hug as she cried. She sobbed, actually, gripping onto his t-shirt.

Ethan picked her up and y/n sighed, standing up behind them, the sleeping toddler on her hip. She followed them up. "Princess," Ethan whispered softly. "Princess, don't cry, you're gonna make daddy cry."

"I don't wanna wear this dress anymore," She cried. "Daddy, take it off-" She mumbled as he set her on her bed. She pulled at the straps. She'd been so excited to wear it.

"Okay, angel," He whispered. He helped her tug it off and pull on some pyjamas. She cried watching him fold it up and set it at the edge of her bed.

She sat down and Ethan sat next to her. "Why'd no-no one come, daddy?" She whimpered. He pulled her into his lap and she dangled her legs over his thighs. She cried into his shoulder. "I'm not-not mean to any-anyone."

"I know," He whispered. Y/N put Elena in her own bed and came back. "I know you aren't."

"Then why'd-why'd no one co-come, daddy?" She gasped, trying to breathe. Ethan rubbed her back. "It's not fair, daddy, 's no-not fair!" Ethan hugged her.

"I'm sorry, princess." Y/N pushed her hair out of her face. She looked up Ethan and Ethan shut his eyes. She pressed a kiss to her husband's head. "Do you wanna nap, angel?" He asked as he let Estella cry into his neck. She clutched onto his t-shirt.

"I'm fi-five years old, daddy," She whispered. "Not-not a baby." Ethan looked down at her with a soft smile. He shuffled up her bed and laid back, moving her back to his chest to sleep how they used. Before she grew too big. She cried some more into him, wetting his t-shirt and he rubbed her back.

"You're okay," He whispered. "It's okay, you're okay, everyth-" The doorbell rang. Ethan looked up at y/n.

"I'll go get it," Y/N whispered. Estella pushed herself up on Ethan's chest.