baking//e.d

(third person pov)

"C'mon we have to hurry!" Ethan said, scooping her up, just as y/n left the house. She giggled as he scooped her up by the armpits.

He stood her on her little stool. "Hurry what?" She asked. He smiled, reaching into a drawer to pull out her apron. She giggled. "Cooking!"

"Baking," He corrected. She laughed as he helped her put on her little red apron, covered in hearts.

"Pancakes?" She asked. Ethan shook his head.

"Who bakes pancakes, no one bakes pancakes, princess, get with the program," He said, shaking his head. She giggled. He rolled up his sleeves and pulled out the flour.

"Bake," She paused. "Waffles!" He shook his head.

"No one does that either," He said. "I'll give you a hint," He whispered. He pulled out a tray of cookie cutters and she squealed.

"Cookies!" He chuckled and nodded. "Daddy, cookies!" She said. He smiled.

"I know, princess, but we have to hurry," He said. She frowned up at him as she rolled up her sleeves too, as he began scooping flour into a measuring cup.

"Hurry?" she asked.

"In case your mama gets back quick, we're gonna surprise her with cookies," He said. She smiled.

"Su-pise!" E chuckled.

"Uh huh," He said with a smile. "Wanna pour it in?" He asked, pulling y/n's mixer closer to her. She nodded, reaching up for the cup. He watched as she carefully dumped the flour into the bowl. "And one more," He said, scooping up some more flour.

"F-our," She said. He nodded. "Sugar," She said, looking around.

"Wow, you remember," He said with a grin. She giggled as he measured out the sugar too. She helped pour that in too. "Look at you, doing it without spilling any," He said. She grinned as she shook the cup, getting it all out.

They did the rest of the ingredients the same way. "Now we press the button and let it do its thing," He said. He stood behind her as he pressed the bottom of the mixer, making sure everything was good.

He pressed the button and frowned when nothing happened. "Uh oh," Bree whispered. Ethan frowned, pulling the top up as he looked inside the mixer over her shoulder.

"Hm," He thought for a second. "Maybe we made too much dough?" He asked. She shrugged.

"Oopsie daddy," She said. He nodded.

"Did I break mama's stand up mixer?" He asked himself. Bree stayed quiet as he mixed the dough with his spoon for a second, before closing it. He pushed the button again but no luck. "She's gonna kill me."

"It's okay," Bree said, patting his arm. Ethan chuckled. "Daddy so silly," She giggled in a few minutes.

"What?" He asked. She pointed to the plug. E slapped his forehead. She laughed again. "Let's plug that in, shall we?" He asked. She nodded and stood as he reached over her to plug the mixer in.

"There we go," He sighed. She nodded. And reached for the button. And it worked. "My princess' so smart," He said, kissing her head. She giggled again.

"Daddy so silly." He smiled and shook his head, stopping the mixer to check the dough.

"You wanna stir it?" He asked. "Give it a boost?" She nodded and he lifted her onto the counter to reach in.

She mixed the dough with a spoon and he wrapped his hands around hers to help. "There we go," He said as it all came together. She giggled.

"Almost done?" She asked. He shook his head.