listening//e.d

TRIGGER WARNING: abusive relationship

(third person pov)

"Where?" E asked, not looking up.

"Just a friend's, dad." E nodded, not really paying attention.

"Have fun," he mumbled, ticking off something from his papers. He frowned at it. "Home by-"

"Eleven, yeah," the fifteen-year-old said with a nod. "Bye, dad."

"Bye, sweetheart."

She left, skipping out the front door, just as she'd been for the past week. She sighed, walking down the steps, realizing she'd forgotten her phone. She turned right back around to head back in.

"Phone," she said, passing by Ethan's office. He looked up for a moment and looked back down, only to look back up with a frown.

He walked out of his office to head down the hall to see her looking at her phone and heading down the stairs. "What're you wearing?" She looked down at her outfit.

"Should I change?"

"You- yes, change," E sighed. "You been going out like that every night?" She shrugged.

"I thought it was cute." He pointed upstairs. She headed up, changing into something she knew he'd approve of. "Better?" He looked back up as she walked down.

"Loads." He headed back to his office after a quick wave and she slipped out the door to meet the boy she'd been meeting for over a week now.

She walked down the street and sure enough, there he was, waiting in his car for her to step into the passenger seat. "What took so long?" he asked with a frown. She pulled on her seatbelt.

"Dad." They leaned in to kiss and he already smelled like alcohol. "Have you been drinking?"

"Just a bit at the house." She nodded. "Want, babe- got some in the back," he said, starting the car. She shook her head.

"I'm good," she mumbled. He rolled his eyes.

"C'mon, I would've jumped at the opportunity to get some crown in when I was fifteen." She smiled. "And from a hot college guy?" She rolled her eyes.

"Alright." He reached back at a red light to grab the bottle. "Oh, fuck you," she mumbled, taking a sip, straight out of the bottle.

"You're obsessed with me, baby, don't even."

---

"Hey, mom!" Lacey said, walking out of his room, standing in the doorway. Some oh his roommates ran down the hall, smirking at her.

"Hey, sweetie, where are you?" Y/N asked, with a yawn. "It's almost one, your dad's worried."

"Stayin' the night at Lily's," she said, looking back at her boyfriend, sitting on his bed, joint lodged between his lips as he worked on rolling another. "I told him- he said yes?"

"You said yes?" Y/N asked her husband. Ethan grunted and turned in bed to face her. "She's at Lily's?"

"Who's?" Y/N shrugged.

"Mom, we were doing stuff," Lacey huffed. "Can I stay or not?"

"Tell her to come home," E mumbled, pulling y/n back down into bed. "She's just a kid." Y/N sighed.

"Daddy wants you to come home," y/n told her daughter. "Do you have a ride back?" Lacey hummed. "Okay, love you."

"Love you too, 'ma." They ended the call and y/n resumed sleep on her husband's chest, happy to have the house to themselves. "Sorry, mom cal-"