mature//e.d

(y/n pov)

"We're home," Ethan yelled, putting Valerie down she frowned. "Gonna get our groceries, princess." She raised her arms and he sighed. "No, I can't carry you and the gro-"

"Daddy!"

"How about you hold my hand?" She nodded and took his hand. He sighed and left the front door open as he headed back to the car.

He pulled out the bags of groceries from the trunk with his one hand and sighed, setting the rest. "Me too?" the two-year-old asked. E smiled.

"A little too heavy, bug," he said with a smile. She frowned. "How about you lock the car?" She squealed and E let go of her hand to hand her the keys. He grabbed the other back, hand now free. "The big one." She hovered her thumb over it and he nodded.

She pushed it and the car beeped and she giggled. "In now?" E nodded.

She scurried ahead of him and pushed open the front door that was beginning to close. He set the bags down with a groan as she set his keys on the floor to take off her little shoes. "To the side," he said. She picked them up and dropped them by the wall. "Good girl."

"Cookie?" she asked, pointing to the bags of groceries. He smiled and nodded.

"Sure, help me put 'em away?" She nodded. He took the bags to the kitchen with her on his trail. He pulled her up on the counter next to the bags and she stuck her hand into one while he worked on unpacking the other.

"Cookie?" she asked. Ethan smiled, looking into the bag while she pulled out random stuff from within the bag, in search of the cookie. "Cookie, daddy?"

"One sec, Valerie, lemme put the fridge stuff aw-"

"Daddy?" another little voice asked. E smiled. Valentina stared up at him, an armful of objects clutched in her little arms, ranging from lotions to E's Xbox controllers to a package of makeup removing wipes. E smiled.

"Hey, angel, what's all that?" He stocked up on their almond and oat milk before heading back to get the rest of the vegetables to be put away.

"For daddy," she mumbled, holding them up, an old pacifier falling. Valerie squealed from behind them.

"Cookie!" she giggled, holding the package. E smiled. "Val, cookie?"

"Uh huh." The twins nodded at each other and E smiled, crouching down to help Valentina with her stuff. "Thank you, daddy," the two year old said. E smiled and set it all on a chair before setting her next to her sister, taking the box of cookies from Valerie.

"Bowl?" Valerie asked. E nodded, giving them a few cookies, setting the bowl in Valentina's lap. The girls ate quietly as E put away the rest of the groceries.

"Where's mama, Valentina?" E asked, reaching to set a box of cereal up on the highest shelf in the pantry. Valentina sighed.

"S-eepy, daddy." E smiled. "Baby tired maybe."

"Maybe so," he said, turning on the kitchen light. E frowned to see it not work. "What?"

"Uh oh," Valerie said, crumbs everywhere. E flicked the light on and off a few times but it didn't work.

"B-oken, daddy?" Valentina asked. E nodded.

"Probably." He sighed and frowned. "Do you think daddy's got bulbs in the basement?"

"B-ubs!" Valerie giggled. E smiled.

"I'll go check, you girls stay put, okay?" They nodded but pointed at the package of cookies. E sighed, dropping a few more cookies into their bowl. They giggled and ate together while E made a quick run to the basement.