double date//both

(third person pov)

"We're gonna have fun, mama!" Julia yelled at y/n from Ethan's shoulder. Y/N sighed as he twirled his keys on his finger.

"Where to?" She asked. Julia looked at Ethan for an answer. Ethan winked at Julia and she giggled. "Hm?"

"A date, mama!" Julia laughed. Y/N smiled.

"Your daddy's mine, where are you taking him?" She asked. Julia giggled as y/n pulled the apple pie out of the oven. Vegan apple pie, of course.

"Daughter-daddy date," Julia explained. "Gonna get home soon, don't worry," She assured her mother.

"So where are you going, exactly?" Y/N asked, slicing the pie to cool.

"Don't know yet, mama, we'll see when we get there," Ethan said. Y/N shook her head, wiping her hands on her apron. Ethan leaned down to kiss her before taking the 4-year-old to the door.

"Home by 7, got it?" Y/N asked. Ethan waved her off, rolling his eyes at Julia. He put her down as she reached for his hand. "Have fun, my loves."

"We will, mama!" Julia yelled as Ethan pulled the door open for her.

"So, where to?" Ethan asked after he'd strapped Julia into her seat. She thought.

"Dunno, daddy," Julia said with a frown. Ethan leaned against the side of the car to watch as she thought. "Hmm..." She sighed.

"Hm," Ethan imitated. Julia looked up at him and he smirked. She sighed and looked out the window.

"I don't know, daddy, you pick!" Ethan chuckled and nodded, shutting her door and heading to the driver's seat.

"What about the park?" He asked, looking back at her as he reversed out of the driveway. She sighed.

"No one's gonna be at the park, daddy, it's so boring!" She sighed. Ethan sighed and thought, fingers drumming on the steering wheel. He smiled back at her as she played with the hem of her dress.

"How 'bout we go get some ice cream, and then go to the park, just me and you?" He asked. She frowned at him. "We can have fun by ourselves, princess, you can push me on the swings," He said. She giggled.

"I gotta push you?" She asked. He nodded. "Okay, but you gotta push me too!" She exclaimed. He nodded.

"Of course."

-----

"What happened, angel?" He asks, frowning. Bailey's crying as he picks her up and buries her face in his neck. "C'mon princess, tell me what's wrong?"

"I hate colouring, daddy!" She exclaims, crying. He frowns. "Daddy, I'm never colouring again."

"Why not, you love colouring princess," He frowns, kissing her cheek as he straps her into her car seat.

"Max." She simply states. Ah, right. Max.

"What'd he do?" Grayson asks, starting the car. "Was he being-"

"He's a big meanie, daddy!" She exclaims. She's crying again. "Daddy, you and uncle E can beat him up for me."

"No- no, me and uncle E don't people up," He tells her. She crosses her arms, frowning. "What'd he do today, princess?"

"My picture's bad, daddy!" She yells. Grayson winces. She was one of the louder Dolans. "He said my picture's bad because I didn't colour inside the lines, daddy!" She cries.

Preschoolers and their problems.

"I bet it looks good, baby, me and mama'll hang it on the fridge okay?" He asks. She just frowns and stares out the window, arms crossed. "Come on, princess," He sighs. She frowns.