assholes//e.d - pt4

(third person pov)

"You nervous?" Ethan asked. Scarlette played with her fingers.

"Well, duh." Ethan smiled. "You said you won't go right, you won't leave?" Ethan shook his head.

"When have I ever not kept my word?" Scarlette nodded. "Hey." He stopped walking and turned to face her.

"Hi."

"He's my twin," Ethan said. "Even if I don't talk to him anymore, I still would say I know him pretty damn well, yeah?"

"Mhm."

"And I don't think- I think he'll be good to you." Scarlette looked up at him. "I don't think he's gonna hurt you."

"You think he still drinks, E?" Ethan shook his head.

"I don't." Scarltte sighed and Ethan began to walk again, pulling her in by the shoulder. "That doesn't mean I'm going anywhere, okay?"

"Thank you." He kissed the side of her head. "Oh my." Ethan looked up.

"There he is," He sighed. "Ready?" Scarlette nodded.

Grayson was leaning against a fence, looking at the flowers he was standing by. They'd decided to meet up at a park. Grayson looked up just as they began to walk over. He stood straight. "Scarlette." Scarlette took in a deep breath.

"Daddy." Grayson gave her a little wave and looked up at Ethan.

"Hey, man." Ethan nodded.

"Hey."

It was a little awkward. They stood there for a moment before Gray raised a hand. "So how's school?" He asked. Scarlette shrugged.

"It's pretty okay." Grayson nodded. "I'm going to high school next year."

"What?" She nodded, running a hand through her hair. "Already?"

"Next school year, mhm." Grayson nodded.

"Where- where are you going?" Ethan smiled to himself, hand on Scarlette's shoulder.

"I got into a dance school?" Grayson nodded. "There's one downtown?" Grayson nodded again.

"What kinda dance do you do?"

"Ballet." Grayson paused. "I'm kinda- good."

"Yeah-" Grayson stopped. "Your mom used to dance ballet." Scarlette looked up.

"What?" Gray nodded. "Really?" He nodded again.

"She was kinda good too." A little smile found Scarlette's lips. "She's really sick, that's why she couldn't come see you- she's really sorry." Scarlette shrugged.

"Is she, like, okay?" Grayson nodded.

"Just the flu." Ethan cleared his throat.

"So you, like, moved back to Jersey?" He asked. Grayson looked up. "Mom said you're here now?"

"Something happened with g/w's parents so we decided to move," He said. Ethan nodded. "We couldn't think of anywhere else so we came here." Ethan hummed, arms crossing as he let go of Scarlette. She backed into him.

"Cool." Scarlette looked up at her father. He gave her a small smile. "So- so does she still dance?" Grayson frowned and shook his head.

"She stopped years ago."

"Why?"

"You can't really dance when you're pregnant, can you?" Scarlette gave him a little smile. "Why'd you start dancing?" She looked up at E. He nodded to her.