bouquets//e.d

AN// the first half of this one is like months old, i had it in my drafts for so long and didn't know how to finish it- so its a mess and a half but i hope you'll like it anyway xx

(third person pov)

The second E catches the flimsy material, all eyes are on him. He's staring down at it as Karlee tugs on his pant leg. And then there's cheering and E's frowning at it.

The single as can be, dad of a 10-month-old, had caught the garter at his twin brother's garter toss. And so Grayson's dabbing him up and people are laughing, telling him he's finally gonna get married, and Cameron's picking her little niece up, telling her how they're gonna be flower girls once again.

And E finally looks up. And who does his eyes land on?

The same girl who'd caught the bouquet at the wedding just a little while ago.

And it's a little funny because he'd never seen her like this before. She looked so pretty like this, and this was all so new to him because now he's staring back at Grayson, who's got his eyebrow quirked up.

And then Lisa's coming over, happy that E was going to get married next and how about time it was, and how excited she was for another Dolan wedding. And E's all blushy when someone hands him his daughter and all of a sudden Karlee's tugging on his hair.

"Da!" And Ethan's just nodding and he's looking back at the chair she was at, and she was gone. And now his heart's racing.

"One sec, princ-"

"E-" He's holding his hand up at Grayson and Grayson frowns at his brother. And then he sees her again and she's holding the bouquet she'd caught and her arms are clasped in front of her as she talks to someone.

And someone's pointing something out to him and by now Karlee's about to cry. Was it a coincidence? Maybe. E didn't know. He didn't know anything. All he knew was that he had to cross the room and go fucking talk to her.

"E?" Grayson's calling again. Ethan shakes his head and turns to his brother. "Hello, E? Wanna go get a drink or some' man?"

Ethan looked back at y/n before being shaken by Grayson. "Ye-yeah, hold on, one sec-" He says, handing his daughter over and pushing past Grayson.

And then Lisa's here again, hugging him and squeezing. E hugs her absentmindedly as his eyes watch y/n walk away from who she was talking too. "Are you really getting married, next, oh my little baby," Lisa says, kissing his cheek. "Any idea of who, E?"

"Hu-huh?" He asked, shaking his head. "Oh n-no, no 'ma, I don't." Unless that girl over there would give him a cha-

"My little e-tee-wee-tee's growing up so fast," She said with a smile, pinching his cheeks. Ethan looks down at her before taking her by the shoulder and pushing her off.

"Ma," He sighs, almost literally handing her over to Grayson, where Karlee jumps from her uncle to her Grandma, who always gives her the attention she needs.

And now E's walking towards her, she was leaning on the wall, and he's thinking of what he should say to her, and before he can come up with something, he's walking right into her.

"Oh-oh, sorry I didn't see you there, sorry," He apologizes, quickly. She shakes her head and fixes her dress, smiling at him.

"Don't worry about it," She said with that pretty smile he never noticed before. Maybe he should ask her to get a dri- "You wanna go get a drink?" She asked.

And he's just nodding like an idiot as she smiles, setting her bouquet down on a ledge and he follows her down to the bar. And he's trying so hard not to trip and fall, and he has to fight the urge to turn and give Grayson the finger, 'cause he can feel his brother's eyes on hi-