royal//g.d - pt2

(third person pov)

"Princess!" the chef laughed, as Anastasia tried a bit of the food he was still making for lunch. She laughed and ran off, taking a piece of baguette with her. "You won't even be hungry for lunch, your highness!"

"Not if you keep making the food you do!" the eighteen year old yelled as she ran out. The chef chuckled and tended to his food as Anastasia ran right into her father's chest. "Dad!"

"Princess," Gray sighed. "You haven't even showered?"

"The ball's not 'till tonight, dad, I can shower bef- why do you always shave?" she asked with a frown.

"Because it makes me look younger, now go- up, go get showered." She frowned. "Ana, please?"

"Dad, please?"

"Your highness, you have company." Gray turned to Darla, who Anastatia threw her arm around. Darla smiled, unable to bow. Gray sighed,

"Who is it?"

"I don't know- a young man is asking to see the princess." Anastasia's eyes widened.

"Me?"

"Looks like it's you who has company, huh?" Gray asked. She nodded. "Let's go-"

"Don't worry, I'm sure it's no one important," Anastatia said. "Do you wanna come see my gown for tonight, dad?" Darla scurried away to ask the man at the door to leave.

"But-"

"It's purple dad, you always say I look nice in purple." Gray sighed and nodded. "Darla ironed it for me yesterday, I believe- and then, I promise to shower."

"Alright, angel, let's go see."

The dress was purple. In fact it was a recreation of the dress she'd worn many years ago when she'd first been crowned princess. Now, there was a ball later in the evening for her to find her prince, the man she'd marry and rule with, once Gray and y/n gave up their thrones.

Princes from all over the world were coming to see Anastasia. Grayson was hoping she'd marry one of the many there were, to unite two kingdoms. But Anastasia had other things in mind, not wanting anything to do with this at all.

She never wanted to rule, she was just an average girl in her eyes. Her dad may be a king by blood, making her royal by blood too. But her mother wasn't. And therefore, she had no intention of marrying a prince, she'd be just fine stepping down from the royal family in general, to live with a man that was a mere blacksmith in town.

But she couldn't. Who would rule? Y/N and Grayson were unable to conceive after their firstborn, Anastasia, making her the only one in line for throne. But she wasn't exactly looking forward to the many responsibilities that came with being queen- even if it wasn't for quite some time.

"Shower," Gray said with a smile after seeing her dress. She nodded and he smiled, leaving her room, closing the door behind him. She waited for a moment before looking out her window. She sighed.

"I told you!" she yelled down. Charlie grinned. "You have to wait 'till the ball-"

"But I don't want the ball in the first place!" Anastasia's boyfriend yelled up. "I don't wanna see you dance with some dumbass that gets to have you because of his mone-"

"I don't want anyone else, I promise," she said. "I have to go, I promise it'll work out," she told him with a sigh. Charleton sighed. "I promise."

"If you say so," he sighed. She watched as he walked back into the village.

She showered in just minutes, washing her hair to get ready for later on. And after lunch, she began getting ready for the stupid ball she didn't even need. She had a prince- he just wouldn't be one until she married him.