promises//g.d

TRIGGER WARNING: suicide and self-harm :((

AN// the person who requested this wanted me to put in an extra note here for you all. she wanted to let you all know that if you're thinking about things like this, that it's not worth it at all. there are so many people that love and care for you. its terrible, the number of people that have been lost because of suicide and its not worth it at all. you have so much to live for. i love you.

(third person pov)

"F-ower," Calliope said, laying one down on the grave. Gray gave her the smallest smile as she waddled back over to him, hugging his leg. He let his hand drop to rest at her head, playing with her bow. "Miss you, Cile," She whispered. Gray's eyes watered and he let a few tears fall as he watched Calliope lean over and pet the tombstone.

She loved her sister so much but never even met her.

"Thank you, angel," y/n whispered as Calliope returned once again to take her mom's hand. Y/N gave it a squeeze as they stood for a moment, giving Cecile a moment of silence. Gray let out a long sigh and the three-year-old at his leg reached up for him. He picked her up and kissed her head, resting her at his side.

"Miss Cile, daddy?" Calliope asked. Gray nodded.

"So much, princess." She sighed and rested her head against his neck.

"Bye bye Cile?" Gray nodded. She sighed and wiped at Gray's tears. Her head lifted, though, once she heard the ice cream truck music. She looked around. Gray gave her a small smile.

"You want ice cream?" She nodded, a tiny small on her lips. "Yeah?"

"Yes, please, daddy." He put her down. Y/N took her hand.

"Let's go chase this truck down," you whispered, kissing Gray on the cheek.

"Daddy come?" Calliope asked. Gray shook his head but she reached for his hand anyway.

"Daddy's gonna stay with Cecile for a little bit, yeah?" Calliope nodded at her mother and reached up, hands grabbing. Gray crouched down to give her a kiss on the cheek before she walked away with y/n in search of ice cream.

Gray stood back up, walking over closer to her tombstone. "Hey, princess," he whispered, taking a seat right next to it. He stared at the flower Calliope had laid down. His eyes watered, reading the words engraved into the stone.

Cecile Bailey Dolan

August 24th, 2017 - April 15th, 2031

He let the tears fall as he rubbed at his eyes, making things even worse. "I miss you, angel," he whispered, just as he did every year. It'd been five now. "I wish you were still here."

Part of him honestly expected a response back. But of course, she couldn't respond. She was gone. He cried for a moment, fists clenched. Somehow, he'd felt like this was all his fault.

And maybe, it was. He'd never know. All she said in her letter was that she was sorry. Sorry that she was born and caused her parents so much. Sure, having her at seventeen took a severe toll on both of their mental health. But that didn't mean they didn't love her.

She was the best thing to ever happen to them.

She'd felt as though everything was her fault. That her parents' twenties had been wasted raising a child. That they missed out on everything they could've had, if they hadn't had her. But Gray had never felt that way. Ever.

Sure, things got tough sometimes. But almost always, they were okay. They were okay financially, things were always good on that front. Sure, some family was disappointed, but things were okay for the most part.