homeless//both - pt3

AN// last part of this one :) i hope you liked it!! also- i know some stuff happened with wattpad? i dont know, but my account was hacked and i couldn't log back in so i just wanted to let you all know to try to log in again and see if you can. and change your password, that's what i did. just in case :) im still going to be posting but i hope that wattpad fixes everything because what the fuck

(third person pov)

"Are you sure-" Gray cut his mother off.

"She's- mom, if you saw her, you'd melt, she's this tiny little wonderfu-"

"She's so cute too, she's just so-" Ethan cut Grayson short, only to be cut off by him again.

"Stop interrupting me-"

"You-"

"Okay, okay," Lisa said. "She's a child, you both think you can take care of a child?" The twins looked at eachother, the phone on speaker between them.

"We're not letting her go into the system and have her life be even more fucked up than it already has been," E said. "And no one else is gonna adopt her in a matter of weeks, so if we don't-"

"Do something then she will be put into the foster care system, and yeah, 'ma, we're not fucking putting her through that," Gray finished.

"But does she want to stay with you?" Lisa asked. "Is that what she wants?"

"That's what she told the social worker." Lisa hummed. "She asked us to be her family- we can't just say no-"

"But a child is a responsibility, Ethan," she said. Ethan sighed, rubbing his forehead. "You have to be able to support her."

"We can, though," Grayson said. "We're well off for about three families, 'ma, we can afford to take care of a little girl-"

"It's not financially, Gray, you have to be able to take care of her." Grayson and Ethan looked at eachother. They'd definitely thought this through, they just didn't expect their mother to ask so many questions. "Who's legally adopting her?"

"Me," Ethan said.

"Okay, and you've been approved?" EThan sighed.

"Not yet- but it should be fine, yeah? No criminal record, financially stable, we've got a kid friendly house-"

"And if it doens't work, then we'll go through again with me," Gray said. Lisa sighed on her end. "You'd love her, she's so polite and sweet and cute- she's just so, so, sad."

"You wouldn't want a child to ever grow up how she's been, mom," Ethan said. "The girl's been through hell and back and she's fucking six."

"You boys know what youre doing," Lisa finally said, after a few minutes of silence. "Do what you believe is right."

"This is right," E said.

"Not doing this would be wrong." Lisa sighed again. "We're doing it," Gray whispered, looking up at E.

"Yeah."

"Okay."

---

"Ready?" E asked. She nodded, picking up her stuffed animal and blanket they'd let her keep. She handed E back the t-shirt he'd let her borrow and he smiled, taking it. "Thank you."

"Thnak you," she said. He smiled and she took Gray's hand as theyw walked out of the building. E shoved the copies of the papers he'd signed into the compartment up from while Gray strapped her into the carseat they'd gotten for her.