princess//e.d - pt5

AN// gosh, it seems as if this series has like never ended. but this is officially the last part!! i hope you like- and there's a bonus scene type thing for the series at the end of the version of this on my series book :) go check that out if you'd like!!

(third person pov)

"Come on," Gray mumbled, tugging on his niece's hand. Nora frowned as she pointed up. "You have a gazillion of those."

"Please?" He smiled, shaking his head. He grabbed the plastic crown for her and she giggled, taking it. "Thank you!"

"Your mom's gonna fire me," he said with a laugh, picking up some more pink streamers.

"Fire you?" the four-year-old asked. "Mama's not gonna fire you!"

"Oh, yes she is." Nora giggled and placed the crown on her head as they walked through the party store.

"Fre's so hot- mama wouldn't!" Nora giggled, holding tight as she used her other hand to push the cart with him. He tossed in some pink balloons. The other ones, the It's a Girl! balloons were being pumped up with helium at the front of the store while they shopped.

"Not that kinda fire, angel- she'll kick me off of babysitting duty," he said with a chuckle, checking the list his wife had made him. Who knew baby shower planning was so much work?

"We gotta get these," she mumbled, picking up some pink forks and spoons." Gray smiled. "Please?"

"We don't need those, though." She pouted. "Come on, enough, let's go to the next aisle," he sighed. She frowned, putting the utensils back into the bin and trailing after him.

"So tired," she sighed, leaning against his leg as he texted his wife back. He smiled.

"Wanna sit in the cart?" She shook her head.

"Wanna help," she mumbled. He smiled and picked her up, setting her in the cart. She frowned. "I wanna help."

"You will, how about you talk to your aunt for me, hm, ask her what we need?" he asked, handing the phone to his niece, the facetime call going through.

"Hey Gr- oh hi, Nora!" Nora giggled, pushing her hair out of her face.

"Hi hi," she mumbled, head against the cart as Gray picked up yet another package of balloons, white this time.

"You helpin' out?" Nora nodded.

"'S the baby okay?" Nora asked, trying to see if her mom was in the frame. G/W laughed. "Are they napping?"

"They sure are." Nora smiled. "Is that yet another crown I see?" Nora nodded, reaching up for it as Gray pushed the cart.

"Uh huh, uncle Gray got it!" G/W laughed as Ethan's voice came in from the background.

"Another one?" he asked. Nora smiled at his voice. "Dude."

"She wanted it," Gray called out.

"She's about to set a world record for the number of crowns-"

"Daddy, I'm a princess," Nora defended. "Princess' have lots of crowns." Ethan shook his head, his face coming up as g/w changed the screen.

"I don't think you need 47 crowns, princess." She smiled.

"Plus sixteen tiaras, daddy."

---

Nora clapped and Gray reached down for a high five. "We did it."

"Everything's pink!" she cheered. "I love it!"

"I can tell- looks kinda like your room." She giggled as Ethan went to get the door.