chapter twenty four

Draco Malfoy POV

I couldn't wait any longer. When I saw her sitting on my bed and yelling at me, god it was so hot. She had gotten her fire back over time, and right now she was burning with passion. Even if it was anger, I still wasn't complaining. She started for the door, it was now or never. I caught her wrist as she was walking away and spun her around. My free arm wrapped itself around her waist and pulled her in, but then I threw her against the wall.

   She winced upon impact but quickly shook the look of pain off of her face and stared me down. I wasn't planning on doing that, I was actually about to kiss her. Something about her getting angry is so attractive, but then when I actually went to do something about it... I just couldn't. This was Alora Slater... I hated her... why would I kiss her?

   "This is giving me flashbacks to last year," she whispered.

   "I have no idea what you're talking about."

   "Why do you have a thing for throwing me against walls?"

   "I only do it when I need you to stop fucking talking. You're lucky it hasn't happened more, I've definitely considered it."

   "This time was a little more pleasant, I must say. It's nice being able to breathe."

   My hand shot up to her throat and kept her pinned against the wall. That crazy smile I had seen last time had come back, and she laughed a little. I didn't think I was hurting her, I couldn't leave a mark because she would be here for another week. Questions would definitely be asked, these men are incredibly nosy.

   "Well now it's just straight déjà vu."

   "Why is it that you feel the need to be a pain in my ass all the time? Why can't you just shut your mouth and listen, then do as you're told?"

   "Because I don't like what I'm being told."

   "It's like your one talent is making everything harder than it needs to be."

   "And I'm very good at it."

   "This is what I'm talking about. Why are you so snarky and sarcastic? You can't be doing that shit anymore."

   "Just because you grow up... all of a sudden I have to?"

   "I don't want to have to listen to all of them bother me about how annoying you are."

   "Tell me, why are they bothering you?"

   I tightened my grip around her throat a little, just enough to get her eyes to widen in shock. Something about her made me so incredibly angry, I just wanted to lash out every time she spoke. Every stupid glance or facial expression, every little nit picky comment. She got under my skin like nobody else before, and I could not come up with a good reason why.

"Just because I don't want you babysitting me, does not mean I'm annoying. I'm sixteen... I don't need a babysitter."

"Then stop acting like a child."

"I'm not afraid to make some waves. I don't kiss my mother's ass like you do your father's. If I don't like something, I'm not going to do it. It's pathetic how you just rolled over and accepted the fact that you have to kill Dumbledore and did nothing to try and stop it."

"Because you can't fucking stop anything! The second you got that mark, you lost all of your decision making rights."

"Obviously not, I'm not a killer."

"No, you've just experienced the Cruciatus Curse... and had your ass saved."

"I didn't ask you to save me."

"That doesn't matter. You aren't going to have someone to cover you forever, and then you're going to get yourself killed."

"So?"

"So?! Slater, what is it going to take to make you realize that this isn't a joke anymore?"

"Obviously it's not a joke which is why I'm okay with dying."

My hand fell to my side when those words passed her pink lips. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, she was okay with dying? How could one not be afraid of death? I know that if she does get herself into a fatal position, it won't be a gentle way to die. They're going to make her suffer and die slowly, and she doesn't understand that.

"You're fucking mad."

"No, I'm not. You just think that because you're delusional."