chapter fifty three

Alora Slater POV

   The twisting feeling in my stomach rose immediately. Bellatrix was leaning over Granger's arm carving something into it. I stood there frozen for a moment before running over to them. I snapped in Bellatrix's face to get her attention, she did not look pleased with me. Her gaze shifted up to me as Granger sobbed.

   "Did you just snap at me?"

   "Have you forgotten that your dear nephew is ill upstairs? Surely this screaming is not going to help."

   "She stole from me."

   "And where's your proof?"

   "They were caught escaping Gringotts a while ago, and my vault was broken into."

   "And you think carving..." I looked down at Granger's arm. The world Mudblood was etched into it, dripping soft tears of blood down to the floor. "You think carving Mudblood into her arm is going to teach this bitch a lesson?"

   "Slater?"

   "She stole from you, Auntie Bella! Granger already knows her blood is one of the many disgusting things about her."

   "What do you propose?"

   "It's surely been a long time since I've had some fun."

   "Lorrie, you can't be serious."

   "It would make Draco so happy, watching her filthy body writhe in pain. He'd be so proud of me."

   "I do have somewhere to be..."

   "Let me take care of her, I promise I won't let you down."

   "Fine, take her upstairs to your room. I don't want blood on Lucius's floors. I have to leave in an hour, bring her down in half an hour."

   "Thank you!" I squealed.

   I pulled Granger's sobbing body off of the ground and shoved her towards the staircase. She walked slowly and wobbly as though her knees could give out at any given second. This was far too slow for me, so I stabbed my wand in her back and shoved her much harder. I could hear Bellatrix snicker before her heels clicked down the corridor in the opposite direction.

   "Move it, Granger," I whispered before pulling her around the corner.

   Draco ran a hand through his hair in relief when he saw me, then frowned quite obviously when he saw Granger's arm wrapped around my neck. I pointed for him to grab her other side and help me get her up the stairs and he simply shook his head and crossed his arms. I held my wand out and gave him a threatening glare before nodding to her side once again.

   "I will Imperio you, don't be a prick and help me, damn it!" 

   "I have no regard for Granger or her feelings."

   "Then I have no regard for yours," I hissed.

   "You expect me to help a Mudblood?"

   I raised my wand rather quickly and aimed it right for his chest. I gave him one last chance before starting to utter the spell.

   "Imper-"

   "Fuck, fine. You're a lunatic."

   He begrudgingly took Hermione's other arm and helped me get her up the stairs and into my room. I sat her on the bed and got her some tissues before Draco locked the door and leaned against it. His annoyed expression was aggravating me, I wanted to smack it off of him. I knelt down next to her and watched her cry for a moment before she finally turned and looked at me.

   "What are you doing here, Alora?" She said between snivels.

   "That doesn't matter. Granger, listen to me now. I need you to scream at the top of your lungs."

   "What? Why woul-"

   "Now!" I hissed.

   Draco lazily covered his ears and Hermione screamed loudly and shakily. Her shriek once again sent chills down my spine even though I was expecting it. She started crying again, loudly enough that it would be heard from downstairs if Bellatrix was still listening.

   "Granger, scream again."

   "I can't."

   "Do you want to fucking die? Scream!" I whisper-yelled.

   She shrieked again, rattling the vase of red roses on my nightstand. Draco scowled before grabbing a pillow off of my bed and wrapping it around his head to further cover his ears. He shot me a look before I raised my wand at him again, he backed off quickly.

   "What happened to you?" She asked me.

   "I'm so sorry, Granger. I didn't want to call you that, I just had to sell it. I'm so, so sorry. I need you to do something."

   "What the hell is going on?"

   "I'm trying to make sure the three of you aren't handed over to the Dark Lord, and I'm the only one who can help you right now. Shut up now and listen, please! You can ask questions later, we don't have time now. Scream again."

   She screamed and sobbed loudly again. At least she was following my instructions, maybe I could break them out of here.

   "Potter and Weasley are in the dungeons, there is no way in or out except for the one door with a single key. It's also magic-proof except for Death Eaters and their wands. I'm going to bring you down, and be warned, I'm going to be awful again. We're going to get down there and you are going to take my wand while I'm locking the door. Scream."

   She screamed.

   "You are going to stun or petrify me, then take Potter, Weasley and whoever else down there, make two trips if you need to. You're going to apparate to this address. Cry or something." I scribbled it on a piece of paper and shoved it into her hands.

   A loud strain of sobs escaped her mouth and shook the room again. She was very convincing.

   "Draco and I will meet you there in two hours. The place is empty. Do not go anywhere else with my wand because it can be tracked. Do you understand?"

   "Yes," she whimpered.

   "Beg for me to stop."

   "PLEASE, ALORA! I'LL DO ANYTHING. YOU'RE KILLING ME, PLEASE STOP!"

   It was followed by another scream and round of sobs. Our time was running out and we had to do this now. Draco shook his head at me like I was insane, and frankly, I didn't blame him.