chapter fifty two

Three days later
Alora Slater POV

   There was a bang coming from the floor below us. Draco and I sprang up in my bed and exchanged a worried look before jumping out of the bed and running out to the corridor. Before I could run down the stairs, Draco snaked an arm around my waist and held me back to listen for a moment. I suppose it was the smart thing to do, who knows what was going on down there.

   "Surely it's him! Look at the paper, here's the Mudblood and the Weasley he's been with! It's Potter!" An unfamiliar voice shouted.

   "We have to be sure!" Bellatrix scowled.

   "He's got the scar and everything!"

   "The Dark Lord will have all of our heads if we call him and it isn't Potter. Check her wand."

   I turned around and eyed Draco fearfully, what on earth were we to do? If that was really the twit triples, they'd be dead before we could reach the bottom of the stairs. He made a face at me before I smacked his arm and his eyes narrowed. We had to do something, even though we hated them, they weren't awful people. They might even be the ones to get us out of our... situation... if they succeed with their suicide mission.

   "No," he whispered angrily.

   "We have to do something."

   "Do you want my aunt to kill us alongside them?"

   "She actually respects me, I'll handle this."

   "For fuck's sake Alora, you aren't going down these stairs."

   "Put your big boy pants on, Malfoy. Man up, will you? You're a bloody coward."

I jabbed my wand into his arm which caused him to yank it away from me and cradle it in his other. What a little boy he could act like some times. I walked down the stairs calmly, as though I had no knowledge of them being there. I didn't exactly have a plan, but something would come up in the moment. According to the Dark Lord, I had a way with words.

There was some talking that immediately hushed when I rounded the corner into the open room. Draco was standing behind the corner aggressively motioning for me to come back upstairs. Bellatrix saw me and her face lit up, I've been keeping up the act around them... I don't want to get hit with the Cruciatus Curse again.

"Good afternoon, Bella. What were... oh, what do we have here?" I said slyly, waving my hand in the direction of the three idiots.

"Excellent timing, darling. Here, here. You recognize them, surely. You went to school with them?

I eyed them carefully and ignored their shocked and enraged looks. Potter had taken a stinging charm to the face, no doubt by Granger. They looked awful, like they had been chewed up and spit out by giants. Absolutely disgusting lot they were. Cut up and bruised, and then they get themselves caught by snatches.

"Looks like a Westley and the Mudblood, I don't recognize this ugly prune though."

"Westley?" Scabior said sounding confused.

"Is it not?"

"Was Weasley the last time I checked."

"Oh, you're absolutely right. It's hard to remember irrelevant, wastes of magical blood," I said grimly, staring into Ronald's eyes.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Ronald asked rudely.

"That's no way to speak to me, Roland."

"Slater, you know who I am. Really? Roland?"

"Like I said, I don't care for wastes. Blood traitors and anything worse than that aren't worth my precious time."

"Where's Draco, dear?" Narcissa asked.

"Asleep upstairs. He hasn't been feeling well today. I told him I would come see what all the noise is about... turns out it's Scabior and his band of fools who were disturbing my boyfriend. How rude."

"Boyfriend?" Hermione coughed out.

"Shut it, don't you dare speak again you disgusting creature," I said harshly. It stung to talk like this, but if they were going to make it out alive, I had to sell it.

"You're sure this isn't Potter?" Greyback asked.

"If it is, he certainly got ugly. Not that he was ever better looking than a mountain troll, but this is just repulsive."

"Alora, we can't let them go. If it is Potter and we didn't call the Dark Lord, we'll all be killed."

"Narcissa, please, I certainly hope you don't think my intelligence levels are that low. The question stands though, would Potter really be stupid enough to get himself caught by this dimbo and his crack team?"

"How do you mean?" Bellatrix asked carefully.

"The only person who rivalled me in grades was the Mudblood. She isn't a dim girl, unlike Weasley over there. We're killing all of the muggle-borns, why would they stay anywhere close enough to risk being snatched?"

"They said the Dark Lord's name, it's tabooed, that how we found them," Greyback said.

"Hush it, you, the big girls are speaking," I snapped, earning a foul look. "Like I said before, Granger and Potter wouldn't be stupid enough to say the Dark Lord's name, and Weasley is too much of a sissy."

"She has a point, Bellatrix," Narcissa said from behind her.

"I'm not saying it isn't them, the three of them are the most careless people I've met, magnets for death. I just think there are other things to be considered."

"You're right. Throw them in the dungeons with the others, we'll deal with the them when we're sure. Except the girl, I need a word with her."

The snatchers roughly grabbed Potter and Weasley and dragged them down the corridor and to the dungeon. I didn't even realize there were other people in here, who were they? Bellatrix grabbed Hermione and shoved her down on to the floor. She growled something into Granger's ear which earned her crying out about stealing something.

   I didn't have a chance to pull Bellatrix off of her before the bloodcurdling screams started.