chapter sixty seven

Alora Slater POV

Somehow we made our way back to the castle and were running up the stairs. The fighting had resumed and everyone was slowly flooding back into the routine from earlier. Starting from where they left off, curses and shield charms were being shouted and once again, nothing could be heard clearly. All I knew what that tonight was not going to end well.

I couldn't tell which floor we were on, but I saw her. That horrible bitch, Bellatrix Lestrange. She saw us too, her eyes lit up when we burst into the room. Draco's stupidly gorgeous platinum hair probably gave us away. Every voice in my head was telling me to run, I couldn't survive a duel against her. She was ruthless and dirty. I'd die before I could raise my wand.

Draco tried to push me behind him but this was my fight. She was my mentor and I had to be the one to deal with whatever hell she was bringing. He mumbled something to me but I just squeezed his hand. I could do this. All eyes were slowly trailing over to Bellatrix storming across the room at full speed. My sleeve had ripped, everyone knew my secret now. Two Death Eaters facing off, what a sight to see.

"I thought I taught you better than that, Lorrie."

"Obviously my defiance was more than ignorance, I would have thought you'd expect this from me."

"You certainly had me convinced. Never thought my girl would be a... double agent."

"I'm not your girl."

"No, you're my nephew's. Does that make you my niece? Killing family always hits the spot in a different way," she laughed.

"Kill me, Bella. I think it would be incredibly rewarding. Difficult though, seeing all of your hard work go to waste, reckon you could do it?"

"We've been on enough adventures together, you know I could. Avada Kedavra!"

I ducked quickly and fired a silent Expulso at her, which she blocked. I had to be relentless with her, there was no time to think. Draco had a shield charm in front of me as I continued rapidly firing curses at her. A series of Confringo, Diffindo, Bombarda Maxima and Expulso had her closely matched. As much as I hate to admit it, she taught me well.

This was getting old quickly. We were dancing across the room, getting others involved as well. Now, we were standing directly beside the Weasley's. After deciding she was getting annoyed with me and my refusal to die, she cast an Avada Kedavra at Ginny Weasley. The curse zipped past her shoulder, and her mother was not happy about it.

"Not my daughter, you bitch!" She snarled, stepping up towards Bellatrix with her wand out.

It was now just the two of us against her. Bellatrix was nearly unstoppable for two reasons: she was an incredibly experienced and powerful witch, and she was seriously deranged. Mrs. Weasley stumbled but I caught her arm and stabilized her while blocking a curse from Bellatrix. Mrs. Weasley and I were not backing down, and finally we began to overpower her.

She blocked a few of my Stupefy spells with a shield but just barely countered them before Mrs. Weasley shot back at her. I jumped down from the slightly raised platform we were on to create some distance between the three of us, making it more difficult for Bellatrix to block spells from two directions. Draco had ran up beside me and fired some spells at her, but I didn't expect him to last long. She was his aunt, and I didn't want him to have to harm her.

Mrs. Weasley was thrown backwards by what I assumed to be a Flipendo. Her family rushed over to help her which meant her attention was thrown back to me. After us exchanging a few silent spells, one came from her left, buzzing past her head. She whipped around and focused on the man who had nearly taken her. It gave me a second to take a breath, which for the record was incredibly needed.

Draco kissed me quickly then looked into my eyes. I was exhausted and really just wanted this to be over. I was getting very anxious to get out of here and spend the rest of my life with Draco. We had said earlier that we were going to travel, I had so many places in mind. He looked so afraid for me, but little did he know that I would be fine.

Another man had joined the fight against Bellatrix, so Draco held both of my hands tightly.

"Please, please can we leave? Can we just leave this room and get away from Bellatrix? She's going to kill you, Al, please!" He begged.

I turned back and quickly assessed the duel between the three of them. She looked rather preoccupied, we could have enough time to escape. We could run and take on some people we had a real chance of beating. My eyes flickered to Mrs. Weasley who was slowly being helped off of the ground. We could go.

"We can't leave Mrs. Weasley."

"Her whole family is there to back her up, plus everyone else in here. We don't have a chance against her, please."

"Let's go."

The words barely left my lips before he was snatching my hand and dragging my towards the stairs. We wove in and out of the crowd and other duels, carefully dodging spells that missed their intended target. We were going to get away from her, the maniac who ruined me. I could finally rid myself of her. Hopefully Potter was working on killing the Dark Lord, this had to end soon.

   "We made the right choice," Draco said, half out of breath.

   "I can't wait to spend my life with you."

   "I love you, Alora. So much."

   "I love you too."

Draco rounded the corner, smiling and pulling me along with him when I felt a surge of magic rush through me, engulfing my body with a sudden sense of both panic and calm.