chapter fifty four

Draco Malfoy POV

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I genuinely thought she was getting better, but this is as big a relapse as possible. How could she be helping them? How could she come up with that plan so quickly? What was the address? I had about a million questions but I wasn't sure I wanted the answer to any of them.

She had a slight frown to her face as she looked down at Granger. I could tell how terrible she felt, she used the word she hated the most. She told her biggest secret. She was working on becoming a nicer, better person, and this certainly didn't help her on that path. I'm not going to lie though, it was a turn on listening to her talk like that.

"Alora, stop and think about how fucking stupid this sounds," I started.

"What else would you like me to do?" She snapped back.

"I don't know, maybe not get us involved with whatever suicidal shit these dipshits have going on?"

"Shove off, Draco. I don't have time for you right now."

"Don't have time for me? What the fuck-"

"Shut up! Just shut the fuck up for three seconds. Damn it, Draco!" She yelled.

Granger slowly lifted her head and stared at us peculiarly, her eyes shifting back and fourth from me to Alora. She raised an eyebrow at me which earned her a scowl. We both turned to watch Alora rub her temples and pace around the room aimlessly. What was going on inside her head?"

"Are you two actually together?" Granger asked slowly.

"Mind your business, hairball," I said bitterly.

"Listen, Draco, I don't know what you want me to say. Did you really think I was going to let them die here? I'm not as awful a person as you are."

"Oh yes, and all the Cruciatus and Imperius Curses that came from your wand can back that up."

"I'll fucking kill you. I swear to Merlin, I will-"

"You're hot when you're mad."

"I'm always hot. Now if you aren't going to help me, stay here until you hear screaming, okay?"

"You are not doing this."

"What did we talk about last night? Oh right, how you need to be less controlling."

"I was hardly listening to what you were saying when your hand was on my-"

"Can you not discuss that while I'm sitting right here?" Granger cringed.

"You're in my girlfriend's bed. In her bedroom. In my house. Which you weren't invited to. I'll talk about whatever the hell I want."

Alora was staring at me furiously. I forgot for a moment that she had issues with intimacy, that was definitely a mistake on my part. I raised my hands slowly as if surrendering and began to open my mouth to beg for forgiveness when her hand was coming at my face. The harsh sting of her residual handprint on my face enraged me, but seeing as though she slapped me, now was not the time.

Granger's hands clapped over her mouth when she heard Alora's hand connect with my face. I was assuming she was abandoning all hope of getting out of here by means of Alora because I was going to kill her. Normally this would have lead to something ridiculously hot, but Granger certainly killed the mood. She's never slapped me, but I liked it.

"Granger, act hurt. Let's go," Alora said without breaking eye contact with me.

Her and Granger left me alone in the room, slamming the door behind them as they left. I pressed my ear to the door to listen. I heard Bellatrix and Alora laugh maniacally and Granger yelp in pain twice. Then I heard Alora offer to take her to the dungeon. Bellatrix agreed. I heard Granger yell out again, but then I heard rough footsteps. It was actually working.

   I crept down the stairs with my wand out and hid behind the corner. This was one of the dumbest ideas she's ever had, but at least I could hear better from down here. It was silent for a moment before I heard a fist collide with a jaw and a groan. I winced are the sound but didn't reveal myself just then, I had to wait until something went wrong.

   Another thirty or so seconds later went by before I heard hexes being cast. This was not part of the plan, what the hell happened? I ran out into the room and saw Alora stunned and on the ground, then Granger defending the other two with Slater's wand. My aunt was firing curses their way and Granger was returning them. In the corner stood Mr. Ollivander, Loony Lovegood and a goblin, Griphook, I was pretty sure.

   Then, Dobby the House Elf appeared from thin air and stood in front of them all. The three in the corner ran over to join them once Granger put up a shield charm. I ran over and slid on the floor next to Alora and moved her out of the firing line. Bellatrix broke the shield charm and knocked them over, my father dragged Granger to Bellatrix's side. There was a knife pressed to her throat when the others stood up again.

   "Look who we have here, Harry Potter. All bright and shiny and new again. Just in time for the Dark Lord." She looked to me quickly, "Call him."

   I froze. The blood running through my veins turned to ice. She yelled at me to call him again but I didn't think I could do it, Alora would kill me if she found out. Just then, my father stepped forward and dramatically pulled his sleeve up and slowly began to place is palm over his Dark Mark. He almost wrapped it around entirely when we heard squeaking from above.

   Dobby was unscrewing the chandelier. It fell almost instantly after we all looked. Bellatrix threw Granger towards it but Weasley grabbed her and pulled her out of the way in time. Potter snatched Alora's wand and sent my father flying backwards with a Stupefy.

   "Stupid Elf! You could have killed me!"

   "Dobby never meant to kill, Dobby only meant to mame or seriously injure."

   My mother raised her wand but Dobby snapped and it flew towards him, he caught it gracefully.

   "How DARE you take a witch's wand? How dare you defy your masters?" Bellatrix shrieked.

   "Dobby has no master! Dobby is a free elf! Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!"

   Bellatrix threw a knife their way but they apparated just before it could hit them, but the knife went through. Wherever Alora told them to go, we would have to leave and meet them to get her wand back. Bellatrix grunted then came over to where I was with Alora.

   "What the hell happened down there?" I asked.

   "One of the fools punched Alora in the nose, stole her wand then stunned her."

   I repaired her nose then carried her upstairs, careful going avoid the millions of shards of glass from the chandelier. I laid her gently on the bed and crawled in next to her, hopefully it would wear off soon.