chapter forty three

One month later
Alora Slater POV

"I don't want to have to go either, Draco, but I can't say no to your aunt."

"For how long?"

"Just three days."

   "I'll come with you."

   "No."

   "No?"

   "I'm doing this alone, you need to stay here. Do you understand me?"

   "You don't have to do everything by yourself anymore."

   "When it comes to this, yes I do. You didn't worry about me before, you don't need to now. I'm in good with them."

   "I did worry before, every time you left."

   "Please. Stop."

   "Okay. Promise me that you will be careful."

   "Of course, I promise. It's only three days. I'll even write."

   "Are you staying with your mother?"

   "No, yours."

   "Well then I'm coming. You can't stop me from going to my own house."

   "I've been alone with your parents before, I'll survive."

   "Let me pack and we can go."

   "Draco! Enough! Let me have some fun!"

   "Fun?"

   "Never mind."

   "What do you mean?"

   "Nothing. I'm leaving now."

   "Be safe."

   "Thank you."

   He gave me one last kiss before I ran up the dormitory stairs to go pack. Daphne and Pansy kept their promise not to ask me about anything, and we've been in a good place so far. I was given permission by Snape to come and go whenever I needed to, so I didn't have to have him walk me to Hogsmeade anymore.

   Speaking of Snape, Hogwarts is in chaos. Potter and his friends didn't come back this year, the Carrows are having people practice the Cruciatus Curse on disobedient children and it's basically a prison. Secretly, I couldn't wait to get out of here. Our group has been keeping to ourselves, everyone hates us ten times more than usual, and it makes sense. Draco and I are invincible to punishment, and the other five are more often than not... the punishers.
-
"There she is!"

"Auntie Bella," I said as she pulled me into a hug.

"Ready to have some fun?"

"Always. What's on the agenda?"

   "Well, you're going with Yaxley right now, but later you and I are going to have some girl time."