chapter thirty two

Alora Slater POV

Bellatrix was sitting on one of the massive leather sofas in the sitting room. When she saw me come down the stairs, she kicked her feet off of the table and walked over to me, smirking. She had something awful for me to do today and I was almost positive I wouldn't be able to do it. She grabbed my hand and twirled me around like we were ballroom dancing, I already felt sick to my stomach.

   "Hello, darling."

   "Hello, Bellatrix."

   "We have somewhere to be, come on now."

   I grabbed her arm and we apparated out of the mansion. At first, I didn't recognize where we were. Before us stood a regular house, nothing extravagant, and it appeared to be in a normal neighbourhood. There wasn't anyone else out on the street, just Bellatrix and I. After a deep breath, she pushed me towards the door and followed right on my heels.

   "Who's house is this?"

   "The Auror who's been following my every move."

   "I'm not killing him, I'm telling you now."

   "I didn't tell you to, now did I? You're going to try something else."

   "Like?"

   "Well... you know how awful the Cruciatus Curse is, why don't you give it a go, see it from the other end?"

   "No."

   "You see, I'm starting to get real sick of you. You're boring now. You're going to do it, or I'll make you. The Imperius Curse is quite effective."

   "You're so desperate for me to do something that you'll use the Imperius Curse on me?"

   "I'll do it, and leave you here. You'll be caught very quickly."

   "What an interesting offer."

   "The ball is in your court, darling. I must warn you though, Azkaban is worse than it seems."

   "Thank you for stating the obvious."

   "One of these days I'm going to cut that sharp little tongue of yours out and feed it to you."

   "Cute."

   "What's it going to be?"

   As she said that, she slowly approached me, poking the side of my jaw with her wand, jamming it further in. How bad could it really be, using the Cruciatus Curse? If I'm never caught, then is it really the worst thing? I don't want my soul sucked out by the Dementors at Azkaban, that's worse than the Cruciatus Curse from what I've heard.

I know I would never be able to forgive myself if I did this, but Azkaban wasn't overly appealing to me. Nobody else had to know. Actually, Bellatrix would probably go around bragging that she was the one to finally corrupt me. I had to do this, there wasn't really a choice here.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" I asked playfully, trying to hide my distress.

"It's about time."

Bellatrix and I pulled our masks out of thin air with our wands and put them on, then did the same with our cloaks. I had only wore these once or twice, it usually wasn't necessary because I never did any of the dirty work. Bellatrix shoved me out of the way and burst through the door, earning a scream from the man in the living room.

"Ah, sorry to break in like this, Anthony... but we're on a tight schedule."

   "Who ar-"

   "I'm surprised you don't recognize my voice considering you've been stalking me for the past month."

   Bellatrix wiped her mask away with a simple swish of her wand and it disappeared as easily as it came. She walked over to him and ran a finger across his lips before forcing him to his knees. It was incredibly freaky, she didn't stop laughing the entire time.

   "I'm going to let my friend here have some fun with you now," she said, looking at me. "Do it."

   I stepped forward with my wand raised and pointing at the man's chest. His lips quivered and now there were tear stains on his face... pathetic. Bellatrix put a silencing spell on the house so his screams would stay inside... meaning she was expecting me to do this for longer than I anticipated.

   "I'm sorry about this, sir."

   "Do it, now!"

   "Crucio!"

Within a fraction of a second his screams filled the house. Bellatrix cheered next to me, clapping and jumping up and down. My stomach turned with every scream but I didn't lower my wand. I wasn't sure how long I was supposed to be doing this for, I was just hoping it could be over soon. The man writhed on the floor, trying to get a breath in before he would scream again.

   After what felt like hours, I turned to Bellatrix and swept my mask off, then shot her a pleading look and she rolled her eyes, but nodded. I quickly dropped my wand then stuffed it back into my pocket after putting my mask back on. She strutted over to him and sat down next to the man on the floor.

   "Stop crying, you big baby. Hopefully you learned your lesson, stay far, far away from me."

   She planted a kiss on the man's cheek before holding out her hand and motioning for me to take it. With a loud crack, we were gone and standing inside the sitting room of Malfoy Manor.