chapter forty seven

Alora Slater POV

   "What the hell is he doing here?" Bellatrix growled through her teeth.

   Drunk Bellatrix and Draco would not mix well, I could already tell, but I didn't want to see him right now. Luckily I was still sober enough to talk him down, because he looked furious. He came storming towards us with a fire of his own burning in his eyes. He was probably going to kill me, or Bellatrix, or maybe even both of us.

   "Calm down before you talk," I said, grabbing his shoulders and holding him still.

   "What have you two done this time?!" He screamed.

   "Are you blind? Look around."

   "Alora-"

   "Later."

   "No! We nee-"

   "Later, Draco. You never should have come here, go home."

"Why wouldn't you tell me?" His anger quickly faded into sadness.

"Draco, go home. Bellatrix and I will be there soon. Leave now, please."

"I'm fine to stay with you until you're done... whatever the fuck this is."

"You're livid. I'm not having a conversation with you until you cool off because I know you. Your temper will get the best of you and you won't be able to control yourself. Go home, calm down and we can talk when I get back."

"Are you kid-"

"GO!"

He shook his head angrily before apparating out of the town and hopefully back to his house. I ran back to Bellatrix who was still drinking from her bottle. She slapped a hand on my back and laughed at my facial expression, which for the record, was incredibly sour. How could Draco have followed me here? Why would he leave school? Obviously I didn't want him involved and he still stuck his nose in this!

   Bellatrix and I laughed and drank for a while longer before it occurred to us that we should probably get going. We put up a charm that shielded us from being seen by the muggles, but it was getting boring now. We watched it burn for long enough. Hand in hand, we apparated back to the Manor and landed inside the lobby.

   I said goodnight to Bellatrix and she apparated to wherever her house was, to be honest, I didn't even know if she had a house. The Manor was completely silent. I walked outside with the bottle she left me and went down to the garden. The bench where Draco and I always sat was calling to me, but I felt too guilty to sit their alone. I opted for one of the sofas in the outdoor furniture set that resided at the bottom of the little hill.

   It was far away form the house, so even if Draco was looking for me, he wouldn't be able to see me from there. The sitting area was shielded by many trees and bushes that it was another one of my favourite places to hide out when I was trapped here.  I lit the candle that sat out on the table with a quick swish of my wand and sat back, clutching the bottle for dear life.

   What was my life coming to? Why was I holding this stupid bottle of alcohol that didn't even taste remotely decent? I was never one to drink, so why was I holding on to it like a life jacket? The answer was simple, I just didn't want to admit it. I wanted to forget. I wanted to forget everything I had done in this last year.